Funny thing, religion.....

by JW72 7 Replies latest jw friends

• JW72
    JW72

It's not really, but, what can ya do?!

I was just thinking, Is matt 24:14 meant to be taken literally as the dubs do??

That's my question, someone please answer....

Chris
    (Of the 'I don't wanna do bible study' class)

• terraly
    terraly

no.

Ok, I don't actually know, but I would guess that all nations have had the gospel preached in them by now and the only end of the world we've had so far was 1975.

• anglise
    anglise

Is any of it meant to be taken literally.

• teejay
    teejay

depends on what you mean by "literally"

• Introspection
    Introspection

Which part of it? The thing about the accomplishment of the preaching is that reaching people's hearts comes to mind, and just repeating information verbally is not going to do it. Of course the other question is what is meant by the end..

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease."--Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

• willy_think
    willy_think

that paragraph beginning with 24:9 tells us that presecution if the result of christian confession, of the good news. 14:13-14 persecution does not preclude mission

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • teejay
    teejay

now that i think about it, it REALLY depends on what

"this";

"good news";

"the kingdom";

"will be";

"preached";

"all of";

"the inhabited earth";

"all the nations";

"and then";

"the end";

"will";

"come";

means.

which part were you wondering about?

peace,
    todd

• Francois
    Francois

"End" of what? And how? Blood and guts? Eyeballs rotting in their sockets? Two month-old babies being speared on the bills of secretary birds?

Maybe it means that all the people on the planet will accept whatever it is they're supposed to accept and the end means the end of doubt and division and then we all live happily ever after.

Y'reckon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit