Hubby has been doing research on the internet!!!!

by atacrossroads 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cha ching
    cha ching

Awwweeesssooommneeee!!!!

When we woke up, we wanted to"do it on our own..." ONLY the Society's literature.. We didn't want to be accused of "being apostate" (haha)...

As we learned... It doesn't matter which way you find out "the truth"... Right?

Give him his space, when he opens up more, he will soon come to you!

Congratulations! cha ching!

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Fantastic news! My husband left the organization long before I did. I didn’t tell him I was thinking of leaving, because I wanted it to be my decision, and he is just too damned opinionated. It took me six weeks away from the meetings-- no research, just time to think. That is key. Your husband instinctively knows what he needs. Listen to him.

A few months after I physically left, I did my research. All it took for me was about two weeks with www.jwfacts.com, Crisis of Conscience and The God Delusion, and I was mentally out. Funny thing was hubby was still mentally in after 30 years physically out! It was time for him to learn TTAT! Beware, this will change the dynamics of your marriage, hopefully for the good.

• blondie
    blondie
    I have found that many jws wake up first to the lack of love by friends and family, and trying to interfere in their marriage. John 14:34,35 is what the bible says Jesus said would identify his true followers is love Now adding the second way examining their beliefs and history could clinch the deal by hanging the WTS with their own words.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It's going to be hard not to charge in but you could just stick to the lack of love & as you pointed out the controlling, willing to destroy your marriage behaviour of your respective families. As always JW facts, CofC Ray Franze , pm if u need the download as they have passed away with no kids its free now.

The Searcher on this site has really the best SCRIPTUAL quotes for those questioning from a Biblical perspective. I would seriously recommend his stuff for an unsure Christian.

Really hope this works out for you both. It stinks that the in laws where willing to split you up. You I know will be the bigger more loving one toward them as u know its their cult selves behaving in such a cruel way.

xxxxxx sister D

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I'm extremely happy for you!! I wish I could say the same about my spouse.

Just a cautionary word. He should distance himself but continue to read his Bible and therefore maintain his spirituality. Perhaps you could also join him in doing so. Remember, the WTS does teach many Biblical truths but they teach it with a price. Mental enslavement. Satan is also very sly and will try and utilize this to allow you guys more moral freedom to do as you please regardless of Biblical morals.

We don't enjoy FS anymore because the message itself has been corrupted. God said in Galatians that even if an angel came down from heaven and asked us to preach a different gospel other than the good news of the Christ, he should be accursed. He said this twice for emphasis!

Field service by going home to home is one of the least effective ways to accomplish the spreading of the gospel. Paul used to teach publicly in the synagouge for years at a time. Where people would like what they were hearing and would sit and listen to him. He openly would answer their questions and doubts. We get tired out mentally from the WTS constantly DO MORE, DO MORE, YOU ARE NOT WORTHY, mental enslavement. And when we do go and teach people we teach them about what Jehovah can do for them instead of what Jesus our Lord, has already done and will do in the near future. Hence, the good news of the Christ.

The WTS will only print out magazines providing the actual original message which was the good news of the Christ perhaps once a year and that is during the memorial. That is completely unacceptable according to scripture. We are to preach this message only, and ONLY this message otherwise we are accursed!

• Heaven
    Heaven
    atacrossroads... this sounds very promising. So hoping he realizes TTATT.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    GREAT NEWS! Once you learn TTATT, you can never go back!
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I wonder a lot of times if a non believing mate influences the way a believing mate hears the messaging at meetings.

Your sitting there and think my mate would have had a fit listening to the point this brother just made or this paragraph in the WT.

The parents: nothing quickens a departure from the truth or enslaves more then the believing parent. A born-in is expected to become a high functioning JW . They are not given a choice in the matter.

You are encouraged to fail in life educationally, income wise even as a a mate to hold on to a made up belief system.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sounds like a good dude!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    SWEET!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit