Need help with something

by closer2fine 6 Replies latest jw friends

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

If I have someone's email address - how can find out who they are?

It is an AOL address.

thanks,

closer

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

#1: Email the person and ask them who they are.

#2: See if they sent you any emails with CC recipients... email those people asking who the person is.

#3: Try to trick the person into revealing their personal info... send them a bogus notice that they won something and you need their mailing address and name to send them some paperwork.

#4: If this is a criminal matter, seek a search warrant that will compel AOL to reveal the person's identity.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I can't go into great detail here, but this person sent a nasty email (personal - they know who we are) it wasn't criminal - and I don't want them to know it got to us (until I know who I am dealing with)

closer

• Dawn
    Dawn

Try a search of the e-mail address in Yahoo (put the address in parenthesis) - often times people use their e-mail address when registering for things on-line and this search can bring back all kinds of info - like their name, pages they've registered on, etc.

Also - check out the search/people functions like switchboard.com - on some of those sites you can do a search by e-mail.

• Sassy
    Sassy

If you have too much trouble with someone on AOL, you can report their email/screen name to AOL.

• gespro
    gespro

Hey C2F

Google is pretty effective in finding info. Just enter the email in the search area and there you go:

http://www.google.com/

g

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I tried searching by the IP address & it gave me this:

: America Online, Inc
    OrgID: AMERIC-59
    Address: 22080 Pacific Blvd
    City: Sterling
    StateProv: VA
    PostalCode: 20166

NetRange: 205.188.0.0 - 205.188.255.255