JWS using questionaire clipboards

by badboy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I have once or twice seen jws using a questionaire clipboard with pencils.

Any1 know anything about this?

• dustyb
    dustyb

personally i've never seen or heard of JW's walking around with clipboards....

• dawn27
    dawn27

A couple of elderly sisters use to do that in my old hall. They would say that they were doing a survey about how people in the community viewed the present world conditions. Then, after they got them all depressed, they would pull out a mag on the subject of whatever the person brought up. Sometimes people would ask them what the survey was to be used for and I thought that was pretty funny. They eventually had a "local needs" part in the service meeting about not using the "I'm taking a survey" approach, because it could confuse people about why they were there,,

• lollydawdle
    lollydawdle

A survey? That's hilarious! I wish I had thought of that!

• Badger
    Badger

Sounds like a great way to confront JW's at conventions..."I'm with a marketing firm that is polling members of you faith over personal preferences..." and lead into apostate lit...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, now, if JWs suddenly decided to use full disclosure and truth in advertising, their presentation might look something like this:

"Good morning. My associate and I represent a multinational publishing company that would like to trick you into being recruited into a mind control cult. Would you like to begin by purchasing some useless trash that will enable us to pad our statistics and enter you in our prospect list?"

• jws
    jws

Only time I remember clipboards and pencils was during the written review...

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Gone are the days of clipboards and pencils, now the Society has a automated survey taker which can also slide magazines in a space a closed locked door may have, and knock on doors 24/7 plus it never needs a break. It evens has a presentation that makes a householder beg on his/her hands and knees to come join the Joe Wits!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Oh, you got me with that one, got my forty, homey?

ROFL

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

I use to use the old clipboard and survey trick to warm up my customers when I was in direct sales. It is a proven method to find out a person's "buying habbits" so you know how to approach them with your product or service, or find out if they even have a need for your product so that you wont waste your pitch on a lame prospect. sly.

H

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit