memorial celebration

by roylester 0 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• roylester
    roylester

i have studied under the JW for a number of years have more questions now than when i started. For one, i could not accept the teaching that those who have the holy spirit are the only ones who could ascend to be part of the 144,000, while the rest of those who dont partake will be part of the other flock who will have life everlasting on earth. HOwever they (JW) could not show a direct scriptural passage regarding the partaking and the holy spirit and ascencion to heaven. i however only found one instance where the partaking was forbidden if the member was unruly, drunk, hungry and eats the most of the offering. But hte question is: do we not attend the memorial solemnly and do none of the forbidden things during the ceremony? i believe that it is a greater sin for us to attend the memorial and not partake of the offerings. this is like inviting a guest and then the guest refuses to eat at your table. this would be considered an insult now and then during their (old testament/new testament) time. i also believe that we should partake of the memorial offerings since even during the time of the passover, all those who are present in the house should partake, even foreigners! i also believe that we should partake and in doing so we are obeying Jesus's command and not because we are going to heaven, as the JW believes. Anyways, who are we to assume that we are heavenly and have the holy spirit? is it not too presumptious of us to believe so? I believe only God can determine this.So i told my family that we will observe the memorial still with the JW but upon arriving home re-enact the occasion with my family and partake of the wine and unleavened bread at our home. this is the first installment of my questions and i just want it to get off my chest. the truth is, this is the first time that i've posted something on the chat room,and i just recently found this website while browsing. thank you.Pardon the grammar,spelling.I still believe in the good terachings of the JW in spite of the lingering questions that i have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit