Forum Statistics

by JH 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I clicked on forum statistics and saw this graph. I didn,t see this before.

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

Alexa site stats are a farce because the only track sites visited by users with the Alexa toolbar included as spyware within their computers. It doesn't track people visiting from further afield.

• JH
    JH

It's hard to believe that there could be such a variation from 100,000 to only 10,000 in a month.

• Simon
    Simon

Statistics such as Alexa work by taking a sample of sites visited (from the visitors with the Alexa toolbar) and extrapolating the results.

They are fairly accurate - the top sites are no real surprises for instance, but the further down the scale you slide, the more the results will vary and sites that only get very intermittent traffic will fail to register. Look at the amount they charge for the list of top 100,000 sites - $2,499 ! Companies would not pay that if it was not useful or accurate.

I unblocked the search engines access to the site several months ago and after that the traffic has increased measurably so that we're now ranked in the top 25,000 in the world (not bad out of many millions of web sites!). The traffic that the server sees does correspond with the ranking too so I think it's quite accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit