NEWS: Brothers Open New Bakery

by slipnslidemaster 6 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Brothers Open New Bakery AP - April 5th, 2:37pm

In a city with a population of just under a million jews, you would hardly think there was room for another jewish bakery, but entrepanuers Shadrack, Meshack and Abidnigo seem to think that they have the recipe for success.

While their competition consists of familiar places such as Manhatten Bagel and Duncun Donuts, Shadrack says that they are targeting the higher end pastry market. "Anyone can make a bagel" says Shadrack, "but we guarantee quality kosher products that taste great. That is what we feel sets us apart."

Utilizing their unusual walk-in oven, they heat their baked goods seven times hotter then a typical bakery. That seems to have paid off as the brothers have won the award for best bagels in Manhatten from Modern Bakers magazine multiple times. For those concerned, everything in the store except for the cream cheese is kosher and pareve and the store isn't open during the sabbath.

Shardrack, Meshack and Abidnigo's Bakery makes great pastries and cream cheeses. Some of their best selling items are Chocolate Cinnamon Rugallah, the Apple Cheese Puff, and the German Chocolate Brownie. There are a few tables and chairs to sit and eat at but they are usually only all occupied during lunch time by people eating bagel sandwiches, which are also very good.

They have a large selection of cream cheeses. They also have low-fat cream cheese and different kinds of fish spreads like tuna and lox. The most annoying thing about this bakery is that pastry prices aren't really marked, although you can ask and most of them are $1.50 or $.99.

• Swan
    Swan

Okay, is this for real?

Instead of donut holes do they have Nebucadnezzar Nuggets?

They won't bow before the comeption, and not a hair of their head was singed in the process!

In a city with a population of just under a million jews, you would hardly think there was room for another jewish bakery, but entrepanuers Shadrack, Meshack and Abidnigo seem to think that they have the recipe for success.

While their competition consists of familiar places such as Manhatten Bagel and Duncun Donuts, Shadrack says that they are targeting the higher end pastry market. "Anyone can make a bagel" says Shadrack, "but we guarantee quality kosher products that taste great. That is what we feel sets us apart."

Utilizing their unusual walk-in oven, they heat their baked goods seven times hotter then a typical bakery. That seems to have paid off as the brothers have won the award for best bagels in Manhatten from Modern Bakers magazine multiple times. For those concerned, everything in the store except for the cream cheese is kosher and pareve and the store isn't open during the sabbath.

Shardrack, Meshack and Abidnigo's Bakery makes great pastries and cream cheeses. Some of their best selling items are Chocolate Cinnamon Rugallah, the Apple Cheese Puff, and the German Chocolate Brownie. There are a few tables and chairs to sit and eat at but they are usually only all occupied during lunch time by people eating bagel sandwiches, which are also very good.

They have a large selection of cream cheeses. They also have low-fat cream cheese and different kinds of fish spreads like tuna and lox. The most annoying thing about this bakery is that pastry prices aren't really marked, although you can ask and most of them are $1.50 or $.99.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Maybe they serve a Halibut that's good enough for Jehovah!

• slipnslidemaster
  • slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I know I wrote it but damn this STILL makes me laugh!!

"Utilizing their unusual walk-in oven, they heat their baked goods seven times hotter then a typical bakery."

• dissed
    dissed

Coal fired pizza makes for the best crust. Could this be what they are really going for?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yeah, I think that was a place I visited a few years ago. Disappointing.

They had a childrens' menu that consisted of only vegetables and water.

On Friday nights they had live music. Unfortunately, it was a couple guys playing a zither and a bagpipe. After about 3 minutes of that, I was ready to throw myself into a pit of burning lions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit