Father of Pulse gunman was FBI informant...

by freemindfade 4 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I am not really sure what to make of all this yet, its just coming out so who knows what is real and fake yet, but if its true it seems the news coming out about Seddique Mateen & the FBI is yet another Bureua failure. As an informant for years Mateen actually helped to clear his terrorist son of any scrutiny by the FBI, then he killed 49 and wounded dozens of others.

This kind of crap is actually giving credibility to the wearers of tin foil hats

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    As an informant for years Mateen actually helped to clear his terrorist son of any scrutiny by the FBI, then he killed 49 and wounded dozens of others.

None of that matters to me. First, the gunman is not his father; they are two different people. Second, none of that is going to bring the killed back. That piece of information changes nothing, if you ask me.

I'm not sure what kind of influence if any, his father had.

I think about my own father and what different lives and decisions we have made, even though we share DNA. Sometimes children completely develop completely different lives regardless of how much parents want to influence them in a given direction.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

apparently, he (the father) was instrumental in keeping the FBI from indicting his son back in 2013 over threats...

Opportunity to intervene was lost. If he had been indicted, no legal gun purchase.

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous

That would have only prevented him from "legally" purchasing the firearms. It wouldn't have addressed the underline issues that were the driving force for his actions. Granted, the indictment would have made it difficult for him to get the weapons through legal means, but it wouldn't have prevented him from purchasing the weapons through more unsavory methods such as black markets.

This is something gun control proponents have a hard time addressing....INTENT. You can't legislate away someone's intent.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    This is something gun control proponents have a hard time addressing....INTENT. You can't legislate away someone's intent.

Agreed. But Orlando like parkland the full weight of the issue is put on legal firearms purchases even though so many of these situations are outside that realm.

but it wouldn't have prevented him from purchasing the weapons through more unsavory methods such as black markets.

Yep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit