A nuclear war take place and a 1/3 of the world population is wiped from the face of the earth.

by James Mixon 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

A nuclear war wouldn't push me back to the WT. If Jehovah turned up and asked pretty please, then I might consider it.

I do believe it will happen one day - who do believe would use nuclear weapons?

They are meant to act as a deterrent.

• Splash
    Splash
    freddo But let's say India and Pakistan square up to each other

I think this is more likely.

If the superpowers initiated an attack on each other, there would be enough remaining to strike back.

When it comes to India/Pakistan, neither of these could survive a first strike so would have to strike first.

Either way, running to the Kingdom Hall with an out of date grab bag would not increase your chances of survival.
    Waiting in the main auditorium for directions from the Slave would be a long wait.
    Who would demonstrate a lack of faith first, by leaving and going back home?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The national Interest...Five ways a nuclear war could still happen.

1)Mechanical accident

2) Human error

3)A show of force

4) we're dragged into it by someone else

5) The "sore loser scenario".

• username
    username
    I agree with sir 82. Just take a look at watchtower statistics on the aftermath of 9/11.
  • Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

Unfortunately, if there was a Nuclear War most people would wind up dead. It would be very unlikely that 1/3 of the population would die. If there is a Nuclear War one day we're all dead.

After 9/11 there was a lot of interest and if you went door-to-door right after 9/11 people would not let you go. They were searching for answers. Shocked. Lost.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

In a all-out nuclear war nobody is trying to exterminate the human race,

they are focusing on trying to destroy enemy nations and their allies.

So there will be area that get hit unnecessarily hard. Who in the hell will

waste their nukes on Madagascar or Ecuador..

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

If Baskins-Robbins quit serving Raspberry sherbert, how many of you would return to Jehovah?

Is just as relevant a question.

The answer though is this: you can't "return" to a non-existent, fantasy being.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Oubliette:Point well made, LOL.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

Well the first thing I would do is pray for the sincere brethren who are still associating with the WTS due to still having family connections.

Shortly thereafter, I would hope, not pray, sincerely hope, that every single piece of machinery, computer, laptop, building, and office, that is dedicated to printing WTS material including that piece of crap NWT translation, if you can call it that, has been blown to bits and completely in ashes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit