A question of prayer

by galaxy7 3 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

All the time I have been studying with these two or sometimes three sisters they

have never asked me to take a turn at the prayer (not that I want to)

Am I considered unworthy to say the prayer because I am not a JW?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

jgnat, give her more details. I'm not sure galaxy, but I know there is a heirarchy about who prays, with baptized men on the top, and nonJW women on the bottom.

I hadn't realized that you were not JW, galaxy. Your family is, though?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Point well taken, Concerned Mama, except I am fuzzy on the details myself. I do know that baptized males are over all, and that us "worldly" folk barely rate. We are praying to beezlebub, apparently.

*** Insight Vol 1Pages 1051-1052 Head ***

The apostle Paul, drawing on the principle of the primary headship of God, the Head of Christ, and the relative headship of the man over the woman, sets forth the principle governing the Christian congregation, namely, that the woman should recognize the God-ordained headship of man by wearing a head covering, "a sign of authority," upon her head when praying or prophesying in the congregation.-1Co 11:3-16; see HAIR; HEADDRESS; HEADSHIP.

Aid to Bible Understanding, pp 724

Paul points out that a head covering is a "sign of authority" that the woman should wer in acknowledging the headship of the man, submitting herself to proper theocratic authority, when she is praying or prophesying in the congregation. - 1 Cor. 11:4-6, 10.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit