"This is their best way of being in the new world"

by FreeAtLast1914 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

A post from JWTalk.net reminded me of how demented the groupthink is among Jehovah's Witnesses (http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16268-international-peace-security-news/):

Every one who is in the world today and dies tomorrow is in line for a ressurection.This is their best way of being in the new world. They probably wouldn't get through the The GT. John 5:28,29

We can pray for the kingdom and let our heart be at peace, since Jah will do all the rest.

I think the same way as you Lee, every person that dies in this system has a chance at a resurrection, that is the only thing that keeps me sane when I hear about all the disasters and deaths everyday - at least they will get resurrected! If someone lived to the end they would not. That's how I comfort myself every night after watching the news.

I've been out for several years now and I almost forgot how delusional they can be, how delusional I was. To hope 'good' worldly people die before the Big A so that they can be in paradise. To 'comfort' themselves when innocent people are murdered, raped, abused because that was their only way to get into the New World Country Club.

Wow.

• Simon
    Simon
    To 'comfort' themselves ...

Religion: the opium of the people

It is a painkiller to avoid them having to face up to the reality of our existence and to take personal action to try and make things better.

Being a JW is about a certain amount of escapism.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    To hope 'good' worldly people die before the Big A so that they can be in paradise.

Agree it is delusional. Reality is if all the good people in the world die we're all fu£k€d. They're the people who care about the planet and aren't sitting around waiting for God.

• sir82
    sir82

Following that line of reasoning to its logical conclusion, JWs would be far more "successful" if, instead of a meaningless ministry of knocking at the doors of empty houses, they all became mass murderers.

Current success rate of JW ministry - far less than 1% of everyone talked to eventually becomes a JW.

Success rate of killing everyone you meet - 100%, since they will "automatically get a resurrection".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It is a painkiller to avoid them having to face up to the reality of our existence and to take personal action to try and make things better.

They also avoid having to face the fact that Sky Daddy is NOT "going to make everything OK". Their life sucks, it's probably always going to suck, and it's their own fault. And they should have fixed it themselves.

Doc

• under the radar
    under the radar

This kind of thinking has led to murders of whole families. True, the perpetrators were already unbalanced in one way or another, but more than one family murderer has said it was the only way to get them into heaven. I have heard of at least two JW family murderers who said they did it to make sure their family would get into the New World.

Religion is indeed the opiate of the people. But it's worse than that. I would call it a festering cancer on the face of humanity. The worse atrocities in human history were usually "justified," if not directly caused, by differing religious beliefs.

Steven Weinberg, an American theoretical physicist and Nobel laureate in Physics, said: "Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

That's exactly the way I feel about it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "Being a JW is about a certain amount of escapism."

I think a pretty compelling case could be made that being a JW is almost all about escapism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit