just asked to send letters to Russia

by notalone 3 Replies latest jw friends

• notalone
    notalone

Okay, so I don't know what this says about me but, a close friend has just sent me a link to write letters to officials in Russia. So I did.

Пожалуйста, пожалуйста, запретите Свидетелей Иеговы

Please,please ban Jehovah's Witnesses s

• notalone
    notalone

I just realized this was a thread under another heading.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

There's a letter writing campaign underway for JW's around the world to write to the Russian Government demanding fair treatment of JW's. in Russia. This is much like what took place back in the days when JW's were being persecuted in Malawi for not buying a political party card.

It makes me wonder why Jehovah, the God of the universe wouldn't be able to handle the matter without having to have a letter writing campaign done on his behalf. Is that the all he's got?? Don't they trust in his ability to take care of this kind of thing? Didn't they say that persecution would be part of the fulfillment of the signs of the times? Why are they trying to stop it if it's part of the prophesy?

Then they broadcast the infromation on their website which means the Russian government will probably hear about the campaign, be forewarned and will disregard or be unimpressed by their efforts, realizing the whole thing was planned out by the organization they already dislike, rather than a spontaneous and embarrassing outcry from individuals around the world.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Was it somewhere in Africa that we all had to write to the

UK Government Foreign Office about? , achieved nothing, just caused nuisance.

As PZ above comments, why not just pray to J or his GB and he / they could fix it in a flash of lightning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit