Ex-[insert other religion here] !?

by Galimo 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Galimo
    Galimo

Ok so now we have ex-JW sites like this one

I wonder (I have not searched the internet for it), are there ex-other religion associations?

Ex-Mormons? Ex-Pentecostals? Ex-Wikkas? Ex-catholics (lol) ? etc ?

If not, then i wonder what makes ex-JWs to seek contact to other ex's, what hidden message is there?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Apparently, there is a site for XJWD's

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

lol xjw-b12

Yes - there are many ex-morman boards, and I believe you will find "support group" boards for alot of the more "fundy" religions. In religious groups that border on, and in some cases cross over to cult status, leaving can be extremely difficult.'

Look up "Cult Recovery" - see how many hits you get off that one - that should tell you all you need to know

• peacebaby
    peacebaby

There is no hidden message, Galimo. LOL! Although some other religions share unique doctrinal differences with JW's[non-trinity, no burning hell..], witnesses are taught that they exclusively have all the truth. They've set themselves apart from all 'Christendom'. Upon leaving the organization, they are shunned and unable to make contact with former friends and family, like the black sheep - 'outcasts'. It's a harrowing ordeal, being totally cut-off from their former lives. The disfellowshipping and shunning policies are supposed to make the 'bad' one rethink their tragic disagreement with the WT, and come crawling back to the safety of the 'flock'; however, the basic lack of love, more often than not, keeps them away - feeling bad, worse, worst about themselves. And some wonder why depression is rampant among the witnesses! They are told there is no where else to go - most wouldn't think of attending main-stream churches due to the WT indoctrination. Sometimes the only ones they feel they can talk to, who would understand the deep emotional pull of the WT, are other ex-witnesses, who have been there, done that, and got the stupid t-shirts.

Check out the Seventh Day Adventists recovery sites - SDA's experiences are very similar to the JW's - seems to be a matter of control....Happy reading - hope you've got a bottle of aspirin and a box of tissues handy! Peaceout- peacebaby

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

This is not meant to offend --but it appears there are more sites for ex - extreme religions/fringe religions/ cult type religions

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hidden message? Try common bond. Other religions/cults that suffer similar ex-backlash can be found on a good search engine.

Try:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Society_and_Culture/Religion_and_Spirituality/Opposing_Views/

http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/Opposing_Views/

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

There are sites for ex muslims at www.apostatesofislam.com

But they dont count

The most rare would be Plymouth Brethern. They are not allowed to look at a computer screen! Hard to imagine but there are groups of them in Russia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit