Tennis WT style

by shotgun 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shotgun
    shotgun

Who is the One who is coming Rev 22:12

The Finished Mystery 1917….. Jesus

22:12. [And] behold, I come quickly.— See Rev. 16:15; 22:7, 10, 20. The Lord Himself becomes the speaker.And My reward is with Me, to [give] BE GIVEN every man.— Every man in Christ.According as his work [shall be] IS.— The Church's work is practically finished. The reward is given on the basis of the work already done, in character development and in the natural outgrowth of that development— works.

*** w55 7/1 p. 387 Christ’s Coming an Academic Question? ….. Jesus

Jesus associated his return with the rewarding of his followers. Said he: “If I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you also may be.” And again: “Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is.” Paul understood it this way, for he wrote: “I have fought the right fight, I have run the course to the finish, I have observed the faith. From this time on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me as a reward in that day, yet not only to me, but to all those who have loved his manifestation.”—John 14:3; Rev. 22: 12 ; 2 Tim. 4:7, 8, NW.

w67 11/15 p. 680 Make Up Your Mind Now as to Whom You Will serve. Jehovah

Jehovah God himself next speaks to John, revealing the critical situation, the extreme danger if any one of God’s anointed ones becomes lax in the least way toward righteousness. Jehovah says: “Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is.”—Rev. 22:12.

• shotgun
    shotgun

*** w76 11/15 p. 700 A Revelation—of Jehovah’s Will and Purposes *** Jesus

Again, those observing the words of this prophecy are pronounced “happy.” Then the invitation is given to all who hear to take the water of life free. And those who would add to or take away from the words of this prophecy are warned of the consequences. Upon hearing Jesus promising to come quickly, John replies, “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.”—Rev. 22:7-21.

*** g78 8/22 p. 28 Who Is “the Alpha and the Omega”? *** Jehovah

Finally, at Revelation 22: 12 , 13 , we read: “Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” This quotation appears among others that are ascribed to an angel and to Jesus Christ. Before these words are quoted in the book of Revelation, the angel who was instrumental in presenting the revelation to the apostle John spoke. (Rev. 22:8, 9) Then, after the quotation that begins with Revelation 22:12 and ends with the words of verse 15, we find the statement: “I, Jesus, sent my angel.” (Rev. 22:16) Since the context does not necessitate our attributing the words of Revelation 22: 12 , 13 either to the angel or to Jesus, they could have originated with another speaker. Consistent with the rest of the book of Revelation, “the Alpha and the Omega” must be the Almighty God. He is the One who comes in the capacity of a judge to reward and to punish individuals according to their works.

*** w78 10/1 p. 15 “Keep on the Watch” …. Jesus

6 Also, in his final revelation concerning “the things that must shortly take place,” Jesus again stresses the suddenness with which he comes:

“I am coming to you quickly . . . I am coming quickly. Keep on holding fast what you have.”—Rev. 2:16; 3:11.

Look! I am coming quickly. . . . Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me. . . . Yes; I am coming quickly.” (Rev. 22:7, 12 , 20)

• shotgun
    shotgun

*** w88 6/15 p. 20 Detest Utterly the World’s Disgraceful Course Jehovah

Listen to how God himself describes, in his last recorded words in the Bible, the outcome for those who serve him and for those who do not: “Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. . . . Happy are those who wash their robes, that the authority to go to the trees of life may be theirs and that they may gain entrance into the city by its gates. Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone liking and carrying on a lie.”—Revelation 22: 12 -15.

1988 Rev Climax

*** re chap. 44 p. 316 Revelation and You *** Jehovah

6 Jehovah, the King of eternity, now addresses readers of Revelation for the last time in the prophecy, saying: “Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Happy are those who wash their robes, that the authority to go to the trees of life may be theirs and that they may gain entrance into the city by its gates. Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone liking and carrying on a lie.”—Revelation 22: 12 -15.

*** re chap. 44 p. 319 Revelation and You *** Jesus

15 Jesus now adds a final word of encouragement: “He that bears witness of these things says, ‘Yes; I am coming quickly.’” (Revelation 22:20a) Jesus is “the faithful and true witness.” (Revelation 3:14) If he bears witness to the visions of Revelation, they must be true. Both he and Jehovah God himself repeatedly stress the fact that they are coming “quickly,” or soon, Jesus here saying that for the fifth time. (Revelation 2:16; 3:11; 22:7, 12 , 20)

*** w99 12/1 p. 19 Be Happy Readers of the Book of Revelation *** Jehovah

19 Jehovah himself states: “Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is.” (Revelation 22: 12)

The latest change

** w2004 12/15 p. 22 par 10 Prove Yourself ready for Jehovah’s day*** Jesus

In the last book of the Bible, the glorified Christ Jesus stresses the suddenness of his coming, saying:”I am coming quickly.” (Revelation 3:11; 22:7, 12, 20)

Jesus now leads 5 to 4 although no one at the WTBTS seems to be keeping score.

*** w53 1/1 p. 31 Questions from Readers ***

So we must be reasonable. When we see an expression that is applied to Jehovah several times in its unlimited sense, and then come across it again but not specifically indicated as applying to Jehovah, we cannot become flighty and switch the expression to Christ Jesus; and especially when we note that it is applied elsewhere, not in its unlimited sense, but only with definite limitation of meaning. Trinitarians try to capitalize on this expression to show it was used indiscriminately for either God or Christ, and in this way show God and Christ are the same. But logic and reason do not allow this, no more than do many other texts in the Bible.

*** w76 5/15 297-8 Preaching Christ-Through Envy or Goodwill? ***

It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrines that, by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christians cannot be vacillating—‘wishy-washy’—about such fundamental teachings. What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?

*** re chap. 44 p. 317 Revelation and You ***

After their death as humans, they gain entrance into New Jerusalem by resurrection. The 12 angels allow them in, while keeping out any who practice lies or uncleanness though claiming to have a heavenly hope

*** w59 10/1 p. 607 Questions from Readers ***

Questions from Readers

Who are the writers of the publications of the Watch Tower Society, and what are their educational qualifications?—M.D., U.S.A.

The literature published by the Watch Tower Society is published in the name of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. Regardless of who may write certain articles, they are checked carefully by members of the governing body before they are published; so they are properly viewed as coming from the Society

• shotgun
    shotgun

You would think the writing dept would check things a little closer. Good Journalism.

• Special K
    Special K

Why is it I couldn't see this stuff when I was in it for so many years and now..

I find it so clear.

Your right, shotgun when you say

" Jesus now leads 5 to 4 although no one at the WTBTS seems to be keeping score."

How can an organization change it's mind so many times. It's so ridiculous.

sincerely

Special K

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

hey bud,

Thx for documenting this.

It's one of the first things I researched after I started having my doubts about the Troof really being the truth.

This is only one of the many pieces of solid waste that I found that led to the proverbial pile of manure, as you say, for me to dig through.

And after you getting dirty to dig through it again for me, all I can say is, yep, it still stinks

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hey Beans you can update your site to reflect the latest new light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit