Watchtower Authority - Part 2

by Voice 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Voice
    Voice

I would like to find out what different Jehovah's Witnesses have to say about the all-encompassing claims of different Watchtower publications. Personally, I think the fundamental claims of those publications is seriously in error.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Actually that is interesting. I noticed in the Revelation Grand Climax book -- in the forward it says "This publication DOES NOT claim to be inspired/infalible ---- etc" the WTBTS has been more careful over the last few years and moderated its tone on claims about authority/being inspired etc -- it stated only the bible is inspired of God

• garybuss
    garybuss

And then they say that only the ORIGINAL Bible is inspired and they lost their copy. spin spin spin spin spin

• Room 215
    Room 215

Stillsnejwelder... whatever lip service the Society pays to the the primacy of the Bible, it's clear that it that its printed materials -- boundbooks and CDs etc. are increasingly invoked as sources of authority/reference, excerpts often being quoted verbatim even in material purported to be directed at the public, a practice which was once discouraged. Nowadays it seems a JW speaker is as likely --maybe even more likely-- to cite a WT bound volume in proof of his point as a Bible passage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit