My interview on BBC threw JWs in shock

by Alex Bogdanov 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

I had an interview on BBC One. Before I write about it and the JWs, just a quick reminder. Since my book was published two years ago, JWs avoid me even though I am not disfellowshipped. A few brothers and sisters secretly stay in touch with me. Two years ago, they told me that a number of JWs wish me the worst things possible for not going to the meetings and for the stuff in the book (bear in mind the book is fiction).

None of them was expecting that last week I will be giving an interview on BBC One news throughout Sunday, day and night. All of the UK saw it. By the way, the interview wasn’t about the book. It was about me being one of the positive examples of Europeans settling in the UK.

The brothers and sisters who still talk to me notified me how some JWs went crazy because of the interview. They thought I am dying somewhere and crying without the Borg, but I am all good. They couldn’t cope with me being on the prime news while they were eating their takeaways. They couldn’t believe that a person can live a happy and healthy life without them.

Ha, ha, ha. Crazy JWs can’t wait for the Armageddon to come. Well, I have news for you; it was cancelled.

And I hope that the JWs who can’t leave the Borg, for different reasons will eventually be able to do it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ALEXBOGDANOV:

Interesting how Witnesses are wishing you bad things because you don’t go to the meetings!

If they had the ‘truth’ and were so ‘Christian’ they would be praying for somebody instead of wishing them evil. They are a hateful bunch and this says a lot about them and the wonderful religion.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes, we have JW family just waiting and watching to see us fall our faces. Can't ya just feel the love?

Good for you! Keep giving those interviews and keep exposing WT for what it is. It will take JW's realizing that they wasted their lives slaving for a real estate company that has grown very wealthy off the backs of the poor JW's who have broken their backs and opened their wallets, so WT can get rich. Then, when these one's hit retirement age, they realize they are broke and WT is not there for them.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Sweet 👌

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Liked: "Well, I have news for you; it (armageddon) was canceled."

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The best example I ever set for my kids was to live a happy life.

Their mother on the other hand has almost literally flushed her life down the toilet.

so much for the happiest people on earth...

• Spiral
    Spiral

Congratulations, Alex, that is great. I hope to be able to see your interview sometime. Glad your life in the UK is good.

As for the JWs, I can imagine some were in shock. Some people never learn, do they?

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess we all agree where not to look for happiness 😂

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Many people leaving the JWs aren't doing great. Many of them even go crazy and fall into many troubles. Its normal, leaving such a religion/cult causes lots of heartache and turmoil and life is especially difficult at that time. Sadly, this is as much as JWs will keep track about you. How you were before you left and how you’ve been a little after. In that time of your life where you had it worst. Then, they lose sight of you due to their practice of ostracism.

As a result, they fail to see that the majority of those who leave their group eventually get back up on their feet and live productive, fulfilling lives. They just assume you’ll go on living a hard life, assuming there is no other redemption to your situation than “returning to Jehovah”. Hence, when they see xJWs doing well many years later, it sends them in a corner where the only remaining option for their temporary sanity is cognitive dissonance.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

I agree. One of the reasons I left was I had no desire to have cognitive dissonance and stress myself out because of made up reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit