Jehovahs Witnesses and the Name , HOW Important. ?

by smiddy 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear smiddy...

as well as the JW claim that "they alone lift up God's true name" being false there ARE consequences in the WTBTS manipulation of the name. I believe that needs to be explored otherwise the excersize is superficial.

The spiritual aspect of knowing Jehovah as God Almighty vs. knowing Him as The Father is significant...the bible even alludes to the idea that how a person "knows" God is a determining factor in whether God "knows" that person. The anecdotal evidence is overwhelming, JW's don't show the love of Christ in themselves because God Almighty is not in them. Their joy is the short lived joy of bringing ones into the truth/org. not the "everlasting shouts of joy" like the angels experience when someone is brought to Christ. JW's don't show the patience or sorrow of the Holy Spirit because God Almighty is not in them. The JW doesn't grieve for the lost whether one of their own, a study or those in the world. The patience is short lived, and the heart towards the other grows cold. This is not the character of God displayed in and through someone He knows.

The bible gives assurance of this dynamic, john 14:7, 11,17, 21. The implication is that the JW can't even KNOW the Father if they don't KNOW the Son first as the bible states that no one "goes" to the Father unless they go through the Son. That's the reason the Father draws a person to the Son...john 6:44.

Indeed, the dynamic is the only reason the bible is called the living word...alive and sharper than a two edged sword...God Almighty expresses Himself through it AS the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

love michelle

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think it is important. i think it may be tied to birth of a nashun

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i may be wrong--but--

in that indiana jones movie--someone said--there was no J in the hebrew language--it was an I-----------

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

myelaine

That is a very deepgoing analysis. I drove by our towns' KH today and I realised they now have installed even two of those big blue white ugly "J W AARGH" signs over the entry what really destroys the impression of the whole building.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    i maybe wrong but i think it is important due to the scripture Isaiah 43:10. and what they were witnesses of.
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Ucantnome

Sorry i dont wanna hurt any feelings, but the plates there dont fit to this building, in my taste.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Isaiah 43 v 10 is written for the Israelites, not Christians of course. It is a Court scene, where Israel is supposed to give testimony that only their god is a Saviour, one of the very powerful priestly calls to Monotheism, which interestingly, in its tone does not sound solidly convinced that other God's do not exist.

Later Islam is sure of this, Israel in the time of Isaiah was not it seems.

The JW religion is trying to survive, and it looks as though they will be dropping the "Witnesses" part, perhaps for "Worshippers", and later will probably drop the "Jehovah" part of their name, but this will prove difficult.

Their being different is their only selling point.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    TheWonderofYou6 minutes ago

Ucantnome

Sorry i dont wanna hurt any feelings, but the plates there dont fit to this building, in my taste.

No feelings hurt

(I think that they are preaching the establishment of God's Kingdom in 1914 which fits with Revelation 12 and birth of a nation and Isaiah 43 i think is mentioned somewhere with regard Gods people coming out of Egypt and being witnesses of what Jehovah done. so my thought was if it was tied to the preaching of the God news it was important. maybe not)

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I've always pondered with the idea that this whole move to abbreviate their name into JW is a move to later change it to Jesus' Witnesses and bridge the old to the new. 30 years from now witnesses will be taught that the JWs of the 20th century were wrong about worshipping Jehovah exclusively.

JWs insist on the importance of the name because is one of the many weak arguments they have to "show" they have Jehovahs' blessing. Nevermind that the bible states that miracles would be the way to bear witness to converts.

jwfacts is right. For being called "witnesses" the surely distorted the importance of "bearing witness" as being the most important part of spreading belief. Jehovah does no longer needs witnesses, as I understand, as he has sent forth his son as the eternal covenant. Such covenant needs to be witnessed not just with words, but works as well. I am thru with man made religions until the day someone cures a sick person in front of my very eyes. In other words, I am thru forever because I don't really thinks it will ever happen.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think is mentioned somewhere with regard Gods people coming out of Egypt and being witnesses of what Jehovah done.

I was thinking of the book The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah-How? (1971 WTB&TS) page 22

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit