the watchtower--the more i think about it.

by stan livedeath 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i grew up in the cult. mom converted first--then dad..i was just a kid--what did i know. dad and i got dipped together. i was 14 years old. i just went along with it--after all--it had to be the one true religion because we were in it.

within 10 years i was out. i knew i had never believed in god--no interest in the bible or any of the end times prophecy crap. but i never doubted it was the one true religion--for those that wanted to be in it. if that makes any sense.

30+ years then went by--in which time i rarely thought about it--certainly never missed it--or wanted to go back into it.

then-- i discovered this worldwide internet of ex jw's--many with similar views to me.

i am now more convinced than ever the watchtower / jehovah's witnesses isnt / never was the one true religion. it is just an american made money making scam.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Yep.

I don't believe there has can be one true religion. Religions are just a mental construct that humans enjoy, something about having religion is reassuring, I guess.

• Under No Illusion
    Under No Illusion

You can get a mighty headache trying to work out why people insist on wasting their lives trying to please invisible forces that are a product of the imagination.

Religion began, in a very general sense, to explain things that were beyond the scope of man - eclipses, floods earthquakes, the seasons, etc etc.

Science came along and pretty much explained all of it, with evidential and logical reasoning, but a big percentage of humans still mistrust it, or find some kind of comfort in belonging to various groups that insist on giving supernatural powers to completely unproven entities. It seems to me driven these days by a lack of knowledge of 'what there is' after death, but I would suggest that as this is an unknown thing, it kind of proves that what there is after death, is nothing.

Or - people are just bored and lonely.

Unscrupulous people will always come along and take advantage of both groups, as long as they exist.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Even worse than wasting one's time and energy is that anyone stupid enough to continue pushing that bible is only helping joke-hova to have the whole earth enslaved under Noahide Law, then having us humans all evicted so the reptilians can move in. All the problems we have today and will never get fixed come directly from the bible, quran, torah, or talmud. All four of these vile pieces of filth tie into the same energy, and the more you waste pushing any or all of them, the more you are helping for the eviction of the whole human race following enslavement.

It matters not that the washtowel bible is a lousy translation. They do tie into the same foul energy, and jokehovian witlesses do waste huge amounts of time focused on that foul book. That they lose so many opportunities and usually end up living miserable lives is merely a side effect--that joke-hova wants for us, so it can suck our energy away from us to use to enslave the whole earth.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Think about it :

Many religious organizations got their start in America towards the close of the 18th Century and the International Bible students Association / Jehovah`s Witnesses was just another one.

An American man made religion .

the watchtower / jehovah's witnesses isnt / never was the one true religion. it is just an american made money making scam.

You got that right .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit