How long does it take?

by Strawberryfieldsforever 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I was wondering the other day just how long Armageddon was supposed to last? How long does it take to kill billions of people? Hours or days or weeks? Did anyone ever hear someone talk about that? It would be interesting to know what other congregations have said.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Well, official Witness doctrine is that Armageddon started in 1914, shortly after the invention of the internal combustion engine.

Some of us think something is due for an overhaul.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nope, I never heard it mentioned and I am sure nothing has been put in print.

Thank goodness we now know that it is never going to happen , and can rest easy

• Carmel
    Carmel

Well if the "return" was spiritual only, wouldn't it make sense that the big "A" would be likewise. That would make it an easy out for the "generationists" in the writing dept to justify its not happening....

To answer the question, 53 days, 14 hrs, 41 minutes and 8 seconds.

Now, what cha gonna do with the information?

carmel

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Dig a hole carmel and get enough food for 53 days 14 hours 41 minutes and 8 seconds!!!

• gumby
    gumby

I think it depends on whether Jehovah lets jesus do all the slaughtering......or he pitches in. If I remember correct.......the ressurected annointed ones have no share in the bloodbath........they only get to watch.

*visualizes Russell,Rutherford, Knorr, and Franz in the front row eating popcorn screaming out......."tear em up Jesus......tear em up......damn dirty apostate bastards!"*

Gumby

• Sargon
    Sargon
    *visualizes Russell,Rutherford, Knorr, and Franz in the front row eating popcorn screaming out......."tear em up Jesus......tear em up......damn dirty apostate bastards!"*

ROFLMAO!!!

Reminds me of a scene from the Roman Colisseum. Definately thumbs down!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit