Open Letter to JW's on Anti-Religion web site

by Max Divergent 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Some others have posted about this strong anti-religion (spoof?) site in other posts, but it seems that the JW reaction is so strong (to the suggested 'Ban Religion' resolution at the UN) as to prompt the author to post an Open Letter to JW's in the News page that starts like this www.formulism.org/news.html

Actually, the whole site reads like it's designed to hook JW's...

Open letter to Jehovah's Witnesses - 1st Feb 04
    Over the past few days I have received literally dozens of e-mails from Jehovah's Witnesses. I apologise for not having had the time to reply to every message personally and hope that this open letter will answer the majority of issues raised.
    It seems that there are many similarities between Formulists and Jehovah's Witnesses, including our political neutrality, pacifism, rejection of nationalism and respect for the unborn. Whilst I concede that Jehovah's Witnesses do not engage in many of the things that make most religions so destructive, it would be impossible to isolate a single religion without appearing to endorse it. Besides, the existence of a relatively small sect, however seemingly blameless, cannot justify the existence of religion in general.

... and it goes on... the link is www.formulism.org/news.html

Take care, Max

• Ariell
    Ariell

Couldn't they get rid of that horrid music. Midi files???? Blah

That in itself makes it seem like a spoof.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I read the letter in its entirety and I doubt the JW's will be quoting from that site again.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit