GREATEST music put to a movie (in one particular scene)

by Frantic 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• Frantic
    Frantic

Well........nothing comes close to Sigur Ros "Untitled 4" "Track 4" of the untitled album. Its actually (( )) but anyway! The movie is VANILLA SKY and its the final scene where Tom Cruise is on the rooftop with Penelope, Lee, Russell and that other guy. For those who havent watched the movie, it is highly recommened along with the album "(( ))" by "Sigur Ros".

Although not a blockbuster movie "Cruel Intentions" inserted "Bitter Sweet Symphony" by "The Verve", also at the movies close.

Whats ur favourite music put to a movie>??? Very interested to hear from you all.....

Frantically Insane Andy (Finally gets COC!!!!)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The sound track to the movie Powder

alt

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

The soundtrack to the 1971 film Get Carter starring Michael Caine. It was composed on a budget of £450 by the musical genius Roy Budd. It's all superb, but my favourite track is the main theme, Carter gets the Train, a funky double bass rhythm merging with the sounds of the train journey.

The other track which stands out is out of Apocalypse Now, where Martin Sheen is waiting for orders, slowly going mad in his room. The soundtrack is The End by the Doors and the thudding helicopter rotor blades; I never really understood that piece of music until I saw the film.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

One of the greatest scene's made with the music was the ending to Close Encounters of the third kind. Its hard not to cry to see all the air force pilots returning to earth, the little boy saying bye to the aliens, its all a real heart choker simply becuase of the music. If you watch this scene without the music nothing happens.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

'Goodfellas' had a great soundtrack, I think they used the ending part (with the piano and Duane Allman slide guitar) from "Layla" to great effect at one point in the movie.

Also, 'Mulholland Drive' has this spanish, a capella rendition of Roy Orbison's song "Crying", that is really beautiful.

How about the Rocky theme in the first movie to accompany the scene where he's jogging through Philadelphia in the bitter cold. Couldn't have been more perfect.

Those are the ones I can think of right off the top of my head.

• Azalo
    Azalo

i like the forrest gump music when the feather is floating at the beginning and the end

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

For me, it's the movie and soundtrack "Magnolia", hands down. Without the music, there would have been no movie, really. Aimee Mann was on her best with that soundtrack.

~asortafairytale~

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

A lot of movie music is just great. As a European I immediately think of the wonderful co-operation of Federico Fellini with Nino Rota, or Marcel Carné with Joseph Kosma. But as for the use of music in a particular scene, my vote would perhaps go to the use of a very unoriginal music in Bergman's Viskningar och Rop (unfortunately I don't know the English title, something like "Screams and Whispers"). When the two sisters who are unable to communicate with each other start talking, and touching each other, the scene is silent and a Bach cello solo suite begins. I can't watch this scene without crying.

I know, my references are pretty old...

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Well, there are many but at the risk of being ridiculed .................lol.......................

my 3 favourites are: 'grease', 'the rose' and 'THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW'.

I guess my age has something to do with my preferences.

Cheers, Bliss (of the maturing-like-a-good-wine class)

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

You guys are all so wrong!!

Its Bob Dylan singing "Knockin' on Heavens Door" as the old wounded gunfighter dies, in "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid".

Bliss: I thought you wrote "maturing like a good wIne glass..." Silly old pope!

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit