Brotherly Love

by ambush23 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ambush23
    ambush23

You all out there in cyberspace would be lucky to have a brother as good as mine. I dont know about the rest of u, but i never got love any thing like that in my 16 years as a jw. So all of you siblings out there let me know about your brothers, phyisical and other wise.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I love your brother too, but don't tell ona.........shhhhhhh

Kate

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I dunno why but growing up I always wanted an older brother.

Sort of had a weird idea he'd protect me and take me fun places...oh yeah and hopefully he'd have cute friends...guess it wasn't meant to be...

Anyone want to adopt me as a little sister?!

• Valis
    Valis

Austin...thanks for the compliments but I can tell you that in retrospect many times I felt that I had abandonned you. We lived 2 blocks away for so long and I didn't speak to you very much at all in your early formative years. Tough times for a while. One wishes that the family dynamic were such that you and I were too close to break apart and the thought of leaving the family unit would be a non issue. Alas, I was the most lucky of all of our parents children. You IMO got the shortest end of the stick immagineable. And the one most detrimental to your growth as a human being and productive member of society. Having said that I still think you have gone my route...the depths of behavior and actions that only turn around and bite you on the ass, especially the fat one you got...*LOL* and then the slow crawl out of insanity and into the light of a pleasant day. Well enough of this.

Thanks for the thread and also a very big congrats on your engagement. April is a great girl, librarian to soothe the savage beast, and you compliment each other well. Smart woman and stupid head are always a great combo. You get what you want and don't even know it. *LOL*

Much love my brother from the same JW mother..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Big Brother" class

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

When I was very young I often wished that I had an identical twin. I am the oldest of four siblings, and am the oldest among all my first cousins. I got used to and still like being around people younger than me. I just turned 30 and am still making snow-forts with the neighbor kids.

I get along vey well with my brother. In our entire time growing up, we only had one nasty fight. As adults, we defer to the other's areas of expertise or knowledge.

I am happy for you guys being out of the BorG together and able to be in each other's lives.

Joannadandy, I'd adopt you but I might be TOO weird for you, you sweet thang you.

• Undecided
    Undecided

My brother and I are very close friends, but only after we both left the borg. He just turned 70 and in a little over a week I will be 68. We really enjoy each others company and have a lot of fun bowling together each week. He has been there when I needed him.

Ken P.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I was an only child. I always wanted a brother. You're really lucky...

• azaria
    azaria

This post made me break down and cry. I'm the only girl and have three brothers. My one brother, who I'm closest to, is 19 months younger than me. He has been the one constant in my life. We love each other dearly and will always be there for each other. I've been through a difficult time the past 5 months and he always calls to see how I'm doing. We usually have a good laugh (sometimes about how ridiculous things were) and I always feel so much better after his calls. Maybe we compensated, if that's the right word, growing up because our dad was so difficult, aloof, uncaring, that we turned to each other. Plus our mother was and still is (but not as bad) emotionally messed up - heck, they were both emotionally messed up. She never calls to see how I'm doing; how my kids are doing. I always have to call her. She has always been too wrapped up in her own misery plus the JW's are her family; they are so wonderful. (I'm not here to say that they aren't, or that some aren't-like any group some are caring, some are not) I'm up here in Canada and he's in Texas. We don't see each other a lot. I went down for his 50th birthday in 2000 and he came up last August when our dad passed away. Enough of this pity party. I will end on a positive note: I have brotherly love and feel very blessed to have him in my life.

p.s. Joannadandy: I'll adopt you as a younger sister. I always wanted a sister.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I had 3 brothers, one passed away last year so I have 2 left. They don't talk to me. I tried to mend things with them but they view me as unworthy because I do not want to return to that religion. Recently I realized that blood relation does not necessarily mean "family" - and so I have "pruned" them out of my life. They are no longer my family.

I have a new family - a terrific husband, two beautiful children, and a ton of great friends that are my "family" now. I don't miss my brothers.......I like the family I have now.....God has blessed me very much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit