Amount of Time Not Speaking to You

by Larry 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Larry
    Larry

Greetings :)

Question to all ex-JW's whose family refuse to have contact with them - How long has it been since the last time your relative(s) spoke to you or had any meaningful communication w/ you? It's been over a year since my mother, sisters, cousins and aunts had any real communication with me. I've read a post last week and I think someone said it's been over 20 years since one of their relatives spoke to them! Peace, Larry

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

None of my JW family has shunned me since I was DFed last spring. Not one. And I knew that would be the case. When one particular elder on my judicial committee told me (actually, he was reinforcing the idea to himself) that my family would be "tried and tested" by having to shun me, I broke out in laughter and said, "I _guarantee_ they won't follow the rules," and I was right.

Right, as I always am, I might add.

• Amazing
    Amazing

All my family and a few friends came out of the organization with me. But some close friends remain JWs. They stayed in continuous contact after I informally left in May 1992, and their contact dried up after I was DA'd in 1995. I have had no contact in 6 years, except for a few who have left the organization since, and made an effort to contact me. - Amazing

• Larry
    Larry

'Sup Cy - It's been a while. I use to be 'Dred Scott', but now that I'm free I could use my real name :) Good point - It just goes to show the randomness in the Borg members regarding following the rules, especially when it goes against human natural. Cy - Are your family DEVOTED JW's? Wasn't you trying to talk to your father regarding 'The Truth About The Truth?' - How did that turn out? And when were you D'fD?

Peace,
    Larry

• Francois
    Francois

There were members of my family - the closest ones - that did not speak to me for 16 years. And I don't understand why they do so now.

There is at least one person who was my best friend, or so I thought, who has not spoken to me in 24 years. I guess he's gone for good.

Francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit