How many disfellowshipped ones are there in your cong?

by Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

In the congregation that I used to go to, there were a lot of disfellowshipped ones that were once part of the cong.

Also, a lot of witnesses here have family members that are disfellowshipped.

One family has a daughter that the family has been shunning for decades now.

There are relatively many of people being shunned here,

The one that disturbs me the most is the case of a boy from below the age of 18, who was no longer allowed to live at home. He had to leave from his parents after being disfellowshipped. At such a young age...

For this congregation, of around 110 members, I know of around 10 to 15 people that are disfellowshipped.
    I have to note that I do not know all the 110 members in the congregation, so I am not aware of the complete number.

How many cases of disfellowshipping do you know about?

How many families in the congregation in your area have family members that they are shunning?

What is the craziest and most unfair case of disfellowshipping that you know about?

I am very interested in the answers.

Thanks for your responses.

• blondie
    blondie

Hard to know because they don't announce them as df'd or da'd just "no longer one of Jehovah's witnesses.

Unless you were there for the announcement or have access to the secret congregation files like an elder, it is all through word of mouth who was associated and is now no longer officially part of the congregation. Some have been out for some time and no one remembers them unless you call on them accidentally door to door.

Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

Good point! I think I have to change my words.

I mean the ones being shunned, not necessarily only the ones that are disfellowshipped, because that is indeed hard to know.

Thanks for the comment.

Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

How many cases of disfellowshipping shunning do you know about?

How many families in the congregation in your area have family members that they are shunning?

What is the craziest and most unfair case of disfellowshipping shunning that you know about?

• George One Time
    George One Time

When I was an elder, I remember there was an envelope for every person who was disfellowshipped. About 15 to 20 envelopes existed, some already from years ago.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I assumed you meant how many were attending who were DFd. Never more than one at any given time. But if you mean an accumulative total of how many are DFd and shunned even thought never attending, I'd say dozens as most do NOT return. (I know the WT says otherwise and that might have been true long ago, but I see that trend now.)

As far as shunning family members,m it all depends on how hardcore the JW family is. Some def take the hardline (thinking they'll gain one more day of everlasting life), but I know many that use the "necessary family business" loophole to see their kids and grandkids, which is why the GB is hammering on that at the conventions and in the literature. Often a key issue will be if Mom & (especially) Dad are at risk of losing their "position"

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

From 1976-1987 Three....Those were the good old days.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit