To Joysome

by Steve Lowry 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

"I've been on this site for about a week now. I'm here because I am confused but honestly the more I come to this site the more bogus I feel that it is. It actually makes me believe in the TRUTH even more it really does". Joysome,

It sounds like you?re experiencing the approach/avoidance syndrome. Illustrated nicely by the little boy who wants to go into the water at the beach. He puts in a toe and its cold so he pulls back. But he still wants to go into the water. So, he puts in a foot and it?s really cold and he again pulls back. This process goes on until he either jumps in all together or he forgets the whole thing cuz its either not what he thinks he wants or he is just too afraid to continue.

This is very typical for one who is considering taking on a change in life. In your case it seems you may be questioning what you believe or perhaps more importantly what you have been taught to believe.

So, what is it that prompts you to say this site is "bogus" anyway? I?d like to know what you?re thinking. I?m not going to attack you in any way. Just be honest about what you?re feeling/thinking. If you don?t ask the hard questions, you won?t get the real answers.

"Like I said earlier I'm sorry that you guys ran into bad situations in the truth but when you run into bad situations in the world where are you going to go then?"

This is the easiest and yet most difficult answer to explain. Easy, because its so obvious to the one who can see clearly (objectively), and difficult for the one who can not. As a Jehovah?s Witness, you have been trained to believe you need to belong to a greater or larger group such as the Watchtower Society (ala the Truth) or you?re in error. You?re in the group and you?re right, or you?re not in the group and you?re wrong. So of course if you?re out of the group all that can happen to you out there (in the "world") is going to be "wrong" and you won?t have the group for support. Don?t focus on what can go wrong look for what can go right!

Contrary to what you have been taught and trained, you don?t need the Watchtower Society, it needs YOU. And THAT?S the Truth! The Watchtower Society would fold up and close its doors tomorrow without the well-intentioned good folks who are its followers. There?s a kind of symbiosis thing going on there between the organization and the follower. The follower gets the reinforcement and security of belonging to something greater and the organization gets the necessary replenishment it needs to thrive. Kinda like an ant colony. But are you an ant? Is that all what you want to be? Or do you want to experience more? Well, with freedom comes the responsibility of making good choices and the acknowledgment that YOU are in control of you life. And yes there are risks outside the colony, but there is also much to explore and much to experience. Make new friends, develop deep relationships with people who aren?t going to turn their backs on you if you question or challenge the system. Continue you quest for God. God isn?t dependent on the Watchtower Society to be in your life. That?s a lie perpetrated by such groups to keep the rank and file in line. You?re going to discover just how loving God is once you put aside the restraints you have been trained to place on Him. Certainly some former JW?s choose to abandon their belief in God (that?s their path) but that doesn?t mean you have to. I left the Watchtower Society twenty-five years ago and rediscovered God shortly they?re after. God?s love for you isn?t contingent on you being associated with the Watchtower Organization. But you?re going to have to risk moving out farther away from the colony to find that out. How brave are you Joysome?

Steve

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hello Joysome,

I've sent you a Personal Message - click the link that says "Inbox" under your name in the upper left part of the screen to get to it.

SNG

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Back to top....want Joysome to see this.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Oh, don't worry, she?s seen this thread alright.

(Sorry for the bump)

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Back to top. Joysome please read. Steve, you have a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit