While I am presently under training, I was looking at the definition of harassment in the work place according to the Ontario (Canada) Government and found that, among the listed items, some of these could very well apply to the JWs!
- Preventing a person from expressing himself or herself: yelling at the person; threatening; constantly interrupting that person; prohibiting the person from speaking to others.
- Making rude, degrading or offensive remarks.
- Discrediting the person by spreading malicious gossip or rumours, ridiculing him/her, humiliating him/her, calling into question his/her convictions or his/her private life, shouting abuse at him/her.
- Isolating the person by no longer talking to him or her, denying or ignoring his or her presence, distancing him or her from others.
- Destabilizing the person by making fun of his or her beliefs, values, political and/or religious choices, and mocking his or her weak points.