Too Much Discontent in the Congregation Part 2

by Simon Templar 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Here is Part 2.

So you will have some understanding of the BOE I will reference in future posts, the following is who they are:

“The Coordinator”. This is a newly made Elder (1-2 years) who originally comes from Asia. He is a nice person who speaks English unintelligibly. He wasn’t shrewd enough to avoid the job. The more experienced men dumped it on him for sure. He is affectionately known as “Mumbles” in memory of the character in Dick Tracy comics. When he asks questions from the platform 100 Americans just look at him and try and figure out what he just said. And they will tell you that you aren’t qualified.

“Goebbels”. This is a Bethelite who attends. He drank the cool-aid years ago and is a true propaganda artist. He believes everything that is published. You better too or else! He rarely talks to the publishers unless he wants something. He only hears you if you can do work for him, feed him or give him money. He confines his conversation to the BOE and his wife. A very inflexible intolerant person. I haven’t met a single person who likes him. Very approachable I’d say.

“The Secretary”. This is a very nice man who will cry at the drop of a hat. He can start crying on the platform, during a prayer, or some other thing that triggers it. I was told that he used to be worse, but now is doing much better. Yay! If he has a glass of wine or two, he will start telling you why he hates his father. There is a lot laying there under the surface, but still a nice person. Just lock-up the Jack Daniels.

“The Court Fool”. This man oversees the TMS believe it or not. He says the craziest things that don’t make sense. He slurs his words, can’t read in public without stuttering and stammering, mispronounces words constantly, can’t complete a thought in most cases. I don’t think he has had an original thought since maybe 1968? Screws up the TMS schedule and counsel point that you are working on. He feels free to give speaking counsel however. He is always looking for food or a freebee of some sort. He thinks he is a genius and so does his wife.

“The Nonentity”. This is a very humble, nice man who has uncooperative children, a nice wife and doesn’t give a hoot about anything. Don’t expect any help from him at any level. He can’t give it.

“The Carpetbagger”. This is a man who took it upon himself to move to our Congo and refers to this manipulation of Congos as his “Assignment”. He answers every other question at the meetings. He sits in the front row or so with his wife and kids. He is very concerned what people think of him. He drives leased luxury cars, gets to the meeting early and parks right up front so everyone sees them. Spends time in FS telling people who have been publishers for 50-60 years how to properly fill out a house-to-house record because he has “been sent here to help”. He comes from a quasi-rat hole neighborhood in a nearby urban area. I suspect he is running from something. Time will tell.

Sound inviting?

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Sounds fun! I've definitely experienced one or two of those types in my congregations.
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

lol, love it! Can't wait to hear more!

It sounds like a soap opera.... typical lame characters who each think they are of vital importance... innocent characters getting shit on and betrayed... big people at the top stomping the little people into the ground... clueless people running around trying to do important things that aren't really important after all....

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

You're description was so spot on I was literally get excited for a second thinking, 'Is this person from my congregation?!'

Literally, I'm not exaggerating or joking. But then I thought about it and the ages and marital situations you mentioned didn't match up. Uncanny nonetheless!!

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Ah hahahahhahaha...

I hope you tell us many adventures.

• possum
    possum

Sooooo glad to be away from corrosive/petty/patriarchal....meetings...sorry!...........cult indoctrination sessions...................................

• smiddy
    smiddy

And you know me brother from where ?

No , just kidding ,does sound like a few I have met though over the years , especially "The Court Fool" and there was the Enforcer , the spiritual policeman ? have you mentioned him at all ? sorry I missed Pt.one .

smiddy

• Divergent
    Divergent

I'm interested in The Nonentity. Sounds like he might know TTATT

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    and you want to live forever with these people ----?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

The Coordinator - Fall guy

Goebbels - Paedophile and bully

The Secretary - Closet gay

The Court Fool - Tim nice but dim

The Nonentity - Reluctant uncle

The Carpetbagger - Paedophile and bully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit