The Use of Hyperboles.

by Lost in the fog 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I have often wondered if Jesus deliberately used Hyperboles to obscure his meaning.

I can say to my wife that I will love her until the moon is no more. She well knows that I will love her forever, not simply until earth's nearest satellite crumbles into dust.

Jesus said, "and I will be with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things." Did he mean the world would end? Or did he simply mean that he would not be going away from his followers ever?

Likewise the good news is being preached in all the earth, and then the end will come....

Since the number of people in the world keeps on growing the good news will never ever end and it is assumed that neither will the gospel's true message.

If these are hyperboles nobody in their right mind would take them as anything else, except for the Jehovah's who honestly believe that if they keep on preaching the end of the world will come!

• venus
    venus

Jesus himself believed in reincarnation. (Mathew 11:14) Hence he must have been taking birth in each Christian sect as its leader or like a rebel voice like Jeremiah, and must be every much here on earth in another name.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Obfuscation would seem to run contrary to the stated goal of repentance & salvation.

Keep in mind too that the "system of things" was not in the bible, it's these types of bastardizations translations that make it harder to understand what's really being said.

Also, the bible said that the message was already preached in all creation, in all the world. Oops.

Either the end already came, or....

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

the good news is ( will) being preached in all the earth, and then the end will come....

Since the number of people in the world keeps on growing the good news will never ever end and it is assumed that neither will the gospel's true message.

The Good News that JWs preach if you can call it that has never reached more than 2/3rds, if that, of the Earths population.

If as they have stated before it is only a witness to the Nations and not every living soul on earth,can you imagine what paradise would be like with over 1 billion Muslims being resurrected ?

{ because they have never been witnessed to in strict Muslim lands }

Their would have to be an end to child birth to occur ,and for those already born to reach a mature age if every human soul was to receive a witness and make a decision to obey God or not.

Obviously that`s not going to happen.And neither what Jesus Christ predicted either .

Remember Jesus Christ was coming quickly in Revelation and that was over 2000 years ago.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I have often wondered if Jesus deliberately used Hyperboles to obscure his meaning.

I don't think so. Jesus teachings were done for what he wanted to say at the moment to the people who could listen to them. The rest is made up nonsense, trying to make it mean something magical today that doesn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit