Potential draftees turning to Jehovah's Witnesses

by Tahoe 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Tahoe
  • exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

It wouldn't be a difficult choice for me to make. Either 21 months of mandatory military service or becoming a JW with the possibility of being fully indoctrinated and messed up for the rest of my life. I'd choose the 21 months of service and a free life and mind, afterwards. Imagine sacrificing your entire life for 21 months. Thank goodness that everyone in SK doesn't feel that way. Otherwise, NK could just walk across the the DMZ and take over SK.

• zeb
    zeb

the wt will think this is just wonderful; but the inquireres do not know what they are letting their selves in to. If they can join the jw but not let the org dominate their life entoto well good but not so many young people have the skills to do that.

I just wish the good people of the Koreas' (note plural) will one day have open borders so those tragically separated will be able to hug their loved ones again.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

This is literally how my father-in-law became a lifelong JW. It was his father's idea for him to join the JWs to avoid being drafted into the US Army to serve in the Korean war. His plan was for his son to feign interest and become a minister, but it backfired, and he became a believer.

My husband only found this out recently when he reconnected with his only living relative, a non-JW who knew the family history. At least the insanity stops with our generation. Our children and grandchildren are free.

• NU-LYTE
    NU-LYTE

NK should probably just admit they can't win a war against the south and instead of spending all it's time with military start to find peaceful ways to feed it's populace , they are always trying to get food from the west just like the Chinese , I don't blame people for not wanting to worship the state , kim jong sr had them literally worshipping his picture like he was GOD

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Knowing what I know now 21 months of mandatory military service would be a piece of cake compared to studying and being accepted as a Baptized Jehovah`s Witness that may end up taking decades to get out of your system.

That is if you ever could .

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

JW family here hailed victory over S Korea.

Never heard about the case from them. But now it is breaking news.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit