What's wrong with sympathy??

by JW72 5 Replies latest jw friends

• JW72
    JW72

I just wanna repeat what I said before about the fact that I feel sorry for women putting up with what they go through.

I know from my girlfriend that the period means 3 even 4 days of not feeling good, sometimes really painful.

I think it's fine for me to feel bad about that.

I don't feel sorry for women on a whole or think that they can't cope, I just think that what they go through is unfair, especially if it was God's intention!!

Sorry if anyone was offended (Tina included).

I'm glad I'm a guy coz I don't think I'd be so happy to put up with it.

I love women,

Chris

• LDH
    LDH

Chris, we love you too! (I know what you meant)

Lisa

• Amazing
    Amazing

I agree that sympathy for what women face is good. And we men have our hormonal ups and downs too ... and we have our bad days and good days. It all seems a little unfair. But, I guess that is what God wanted for us. - Amazing

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Chris,

By your picture, I'm assuming that '72 has something to do with your age? If so, oh my gawd, I could be your mother.

That said, a funny story which happened in about '78.

Woman I was working with told us about her husband who had a boil (or some such thing) removed around his scrotum area. Quite painful, and bleed/seeped afterwards. He had to wear a kotex pad with the old fashioned belt to keep it in place for about a week (in the olden days).

She came to work and told us about it - laughingly, as no man understands the crappiness of it all. He walked around bowl-legged like he had a dirty diaper on. Complained all the time (whinning, really) about getting a rash, smelly bleeding, having to *touch* the nasty kotex with his hands, nasty kotex touching his body, etc.

Finally, about the 3rd day, he told her "I promise never to make fun of you again. This is horrible."

We women all agreed - and live with it from 12/13 to 50/55 or so. Most of the time, it's no big deal - just highly inconvient.

However, it's one thing to have the physical/mental/emotional ups/downs to the point of literally wanting to kill the next person who dares to speak to you (had that last week, btw) - it's quite another to be made fun of for being born that way.

I think women (and men) cope quite well. I personally think women cope better with this kind of rudity, however. That's why we can change so many crappy diapers in our lives. One time I figured out approx. how many times I changed diapers (3 kids - no helping husband). It really depressed me; I might have been pms'ing at the time.

waiting

• Tina
    Tina

Hi JW!!

I'm not at all offended . Of course I feel for anybody who may be under the weather.
    wasasis and I were making a point about 'menstrual politics' as it were. That because of our biology common negative assumptions are made about our abilties and efficacy.
    And as LDH brought up,these assumptions were/are promulgated by the bible.(ty Lisa).
    F. missed the whole point of sis' post.I work in the medical field .I'm aware how many women children men suffer at times. It wasn't about that at all.
    Hope this clarifies where I was coming from. Regards,Tina

• Francois
    Francois

Of course you're right JW72, there's nothing wrong with sympathy. But apparently you must express it in just the right way, or you may be guilty of some sort of ritual error in the arena of political correctness (about which I could not care less).

I was attempting to make my own point about our common problems. And of course any and all are perfectly free to make of it what they will whether or not THEY get the point.

Francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit