"It Wouldnt Be Possible Without The Holy Spirit" - And Why Today I Learned Why That's A Load Of Crap

by pale.emperor 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Remember when we were JWs and we'd hear from the platform, in conventions and on JW Broadcasting that the things JWs have achieved could only be possible with the help of the holy spirit? Yeah, well, i used to believe that when i was "in".

Since leaving we all know this is BS, but today a simple, non religious, conversation lead me to see how stupid their claim is.

In my attempt to meet people and make friends i joined an international meetup group online a few months ago. It's made up of expats who've moved to the UK for work/study and they don't know anybody and hope to make friends. So ideal for a shunned Jehovah's Witness. Plus i love foreign languages so it's a double whammy for me. I've went along to a few meetups and met some great people from all around the world and made lots of friends. Today there was a meetup scheduled in town (it's Gay Pride weekend here in Liverpool, a major street party atmosphere), i didnt stay out long as i was with my little girl but i dropped by to say hi to my friends. There were a few new faces and i made friends with them quickly.

There were two Chinese girls there. Their English was impeccable. We got talking and it turns out they both work for the museum in China that houses and maintains the terracotta army. They were here for 6 months to improve their English (not that it needed improving in my opinion) and to assist the British Museum in some fancy-pants restorations. So, two very interesting girls regardless of their beauty (and they were beautiful).

Now, I'd heard of the Terracotta Army before, didn't really give it much thought. It's like when you hear about the pyramids of Egypt or of the Incas, you just thing "hmm, yeah, impressive". But when i asked about their work they really made me realize the scope of what this Emperor Huang did.

Try this guys:

8,000 soldiers

130 chariots

670 horses

400 acrobats

500 strongmen

140 generals

300 officials

400 magicians

All sculpted out of terracotta to the likeness of real people back in the day. And for what? So they would protect and serve the emperor in the afterlife.

Impressed? There's more! Each one was painted too. Each item of clothing, each face, each eye, every little detail.

Now, maybe it's just me, but i think that's WAY more impressive that printing magazines and books in so many languages. More impressive than a religion existing in 90% of countries and more impressive than JW Broadcasting. If the JWs can boast that their work could only be possible with the holy spirit then the holy spirit must have been active here too. Because this is something out of this world.

Actually, if you think about it, 8 million JWs and printing literature isnt so much of a big deal. Any publishing company in the world could replicate what the JWs print if they wanted to. The point is, they dont want to. It's just not profitable... unless of course you have 8 million people "honoring Jehovah with their valuable things".

Read more about it here if you want: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terracotta_Army

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So god's holy spirit is guiding and directing the fraudulent, lying and corrupt Watchtower Publishing house and its endeavor of selling a tainted commercialized Gospel.. ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has been brainwashing people with fear and ignorance for over 100 years in its core intent of proliferating its publications.

That's the Freedom of Religion in America, tax free and unregulated.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The Holy Spirit misguided the WTBTS to think and publish that 1975 was the time of the end.

Oh, 3rd God Holy Spirit, you sure have been wrong a lot in our human affairs...

DY

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Especially when you find out that Russell's took his ideas from others about the Daniel prophecies and then the great pyramid, he totally lifted it. Then the later cult starting with Rutherford pretty much did the same thing with most of its teachings. One last thing , so where told holy spirit picked Rutherford and later of course Holy Spirit is guiding the organization, yet Rutherford himself wrote in one of his books that Holy Spirit was no longer being used or working and he was getting all his information directly from the Angels.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@Crazyguy

which book did Rutherford say this in?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Didn't one guy mention that, when he was at Bethel, he believed that the Holy Spirit did make it all possible...

...because the staff there was so incompetent, it couldn't have been accomplished any other way?

• smiddy
    smiddy
    Doubtfully Yours

You do know that 1975 was the second time the WT predicted that 6000 years of humans living on earth would come to an end ?

The first time was when they believed 6000 years of humans living on earth would come to an end was in the late 1800`s .

So according to JW`s DY,and p.e,and others Jesus christ was ruling as enthroned King in the heavens since 1914 which is 61 years before the 6000 years of human history finished in 1975 and is the start of the final 1000 years of a creative day,that JW`s and holy Spirit taught.

We are now into the 42nd year of the 1000 year reign of Christ Jesus that began in 1975 according to the writings and publications of the WTB&TS in the 1960`sand 70`s.

So if we are now living under Jesus Christ rule for the past 103 years ,and the past 42 years into the 1000 year reign of jesus Christ it doesnt bode well for the next 900 or so years remaining.

Then again how do JW`s coincide jesus reign from 1914 with the 1975 start of the last 1000 years when the WT indicated it would be an appropiate time to begin his rule and the fact that the NT indicates Jesus was/is ruling since his ascension 2000 years ago ?

Food for thought ?

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Pale Emperor , only 1 question, how good is your Chinese? Chinese girls spoke implacable English yet 99.9% of U.K. Population know not a word of Chinese, me included. Sounds a good meetup.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit