Is Jehovah God guilty of the Sin of Omission ?

by smiddy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

In Genesis Ch.1&2 God warns Adam that if he ate of the tree of knowledge of good and bad he would die .Theire was nothing said about anything else.

You would expect humans would just die of old age like Adam and Eve did.

The wages of sin is death the Bible tells us .So if he disobeyed Jehovah God he knew he would die .

What he never knew and neither did any other human to come after him was just how many ways death would come to humans.

Death by creatures that were created by GOD venomous creatures ,snakes spiders etc.,Marine creatures sharks etc., Bacteria /viruses etc.,Insect carrying diseases such as the mosquito that causes thousands of deaths to children under 5 years old even today with Malaria.,Wild animals etc,.Leprosy that even existed under Theocratic rule in the Nation of Israel.

Then their is the indignties humans go through in old age ,loss of bodily functions , mental capacity ,alzheimers ,neurological diseases that effect young and old.that reduce people to almost live not much better than a vegetable

Natural disasters not to be excluded because these are in the control of GOD to afflict mankind or not.

The list of afflictions that humans have to suffer through before they die , from a loving GOD just boggles my mind.

And I have only scratched the surface of indignities humans have faced before they die.

So I ask the question is GOD Jehovah guilty of the sin of omission ? Or did he act out of vengeance for their disobedience and wanted to inflict greater punishment upon them.for disobeying him.

What are your thoughts ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So if he disobeyed Jehovah God he knew he would die .

How could Adam and Eve be responsible for their actions if prior to eating the fruit off the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they couldn't have known what was evil or what was wrong and right ?

Nonsensical logic isn't ?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thats a good point Finkelstein , so true.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

To me, it also was omission by NOT telling there was a new visitor in the house...a hyper-intelligent deceptive fallen angel and potential serial killer that also was a master illusionist. What lovingly father allows his children to play in a park while knowing there's such a hideous and invicible psychopath out there looking for victims? Oh...he gave them ONE warning...that'll do.

• Perry
    Perry
    God warns Adam that if he ate of the tree of knowledge of good and bad he would die .

My thoughts: Prior to sinning, Adam and Eve would have had to FIRST chose to not believe God.

It makes no difference whether the source of the lie they chose to believe came from themselves, another creature, a future cult etc.

God, in his wisdom created humans with the capacity of free moral choice. Those innate notions of morality will always be defined, developed and ultimately judged in relation to their source of person hood, intelligence & consequences.

How much information about evil is necessary? It is never enough. Just turn on the evening news. It makes little difference whether or not people hear a simple statement about death being the result of separation from a loving God, or if they are presented with the myriad ways death and evil can occur. Some choose to believe God, some don't.

The issue is not the evil that naturally flows from choosing not to believe God, but rather the rationale for the choice to begin with.

More information regarding the consequences of choosing not to believe God only magnifies the irrationality and does not prevent it.

That fact alone proves that free moral choice is real and places the destiny for each agent within their own capacities; which is where we would expect to find it posited in a moral system based on freedom.

• atomant
    atomant

None of it makes any sense when you really sit down and study the nuts and bolts of it all.One day adam is sitting there all alone observing animals with mates doing the business and hes thinking hang on theres something missing here.Next minute he wakes up minus a rib which would make him imperfect anyway and theres another human in his company.So we are led to believe eve appeared out of nowhere like magic.So here we have a fresh new creation with no life experiance and would have no clue as to what good or bad even meant.Along came a talking snake and the rest is history.And then god repented having ever made man knowing in advance that man would sin.The tree of good and evil helped things along.Adam and eve were set up to sin they didnt stand a chance.Eve was an innocent bystander deceived by the master of deception.She was a sitting duck like taking candy from a baby.Yes it appears god is guilty of the sin of omission based on what the bible teaches.Or am l missing something?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

So I ask the question is GOD Jehovah guilty of the sin of omission ? Or did he act out of vengeance for their disobedience and wanted to inflict greater punishment upon them.for disobeying him.

What are your thoughts ?

It's all based on faulty logic, simplistic interpretations and explanations, and in events that never happened. There was never a talking snake, never an Adam, never some tree, never some sin, never a Jehovah, hence, a Jehovah that never existed cannot be guilty of any sin, which BTW, that sin thing is also made up.

• NotNew
    NotNew

"God warns Adam that if he ate of the tree of knowledge of good and bad he would die ."

So Adam knew what death was?
    My thoughts: Prior to sinning, Adam and Eve would have had to FIRST chose to not believe God.
    So we have two infants Adam and Eve ( pawns in the game of life and death god made up) who after being presented with evidence (?) from this powerful angel that transformed in to a tree creature...used the power of persuasion, to convince Eve that she was not being told the whole truth. Seem to me she FIRST based her decision on the more believable information presented?! Not arbitrarily choosing not to believe God!
    How can you blame someone for not believing you based only on what you said without providing them with some information to back it up? To say you first chose not to believe me is passing blame!
    Gods relationship with his angelic children was strained, he should of worked it out with them and not involve powerless infant humans.

• Perry
    Perry
    Seem to me she FIRST based her decision on the more believable information presented?

A slithering snake was more believable than God whom she and Adam communicated with face to face daily?

Millions of people choose to believe God under FAR worse conditions.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    lie they chose to believe

Adam was not thiseved

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit