Is Jehovah God guilty of the Sin of Omission ?

by smiddy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

I guess he should have told them that their descendants would be punished with death as well. In that case the couple could have just chosen to not procreate and the curse would have died with them. Then Jehovah could have gone back to the drawing board and tried again. Why do people have kids when they know that those kids will just suffer and die? Beats me.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

God did not tell Adam how soon after sinning, he would die.

Why Adam did not mate with his wife as soon as he was married to her is puzzling.But maybe he did and she did and not get pregnant

• Perry
    Perry
    Adam was not deceived

True.... but

Eve chose to not believe God, but another source.

Adam chose to not believe in Gods goodness and ability to overcome Eve's sin.... which we NOW know was overcome with the sacrifice of God himself in the person of Jesus of Nazareth.

God asks rhetorically in scripture:

Is there anything that is too hard for me?

So here we have our first parents really struggling with having FREE WILL.

One chose unbelief, one chose death for not enough belief.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hey I've run into a few talking serpents and I can verify they can be very convincing.

One told me once that its not harmful to look at the sun and if I did it long enough I could become immortal.

I tried for the darnest time but all I ever got was a headache and temporary blindness ............ dam that serpent

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Adam chose to not believe in Gods goodness and ability to overcome Eve's sin....

That is a good point if it is true but it is irrelevant to the point of discussion: Adam did not believe the lie, period

Re:

God warns Adam that if he ate of the tree of knowledge of good and bad he would die .
    makes no difference whether the source of the LIE they chose to believe came from themselves, another creature, a future cult etc.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Points in this story that are not contained in rational logic ........

Adam and Eve didn't know what death was because they hadn't seen of what was death.

Adam and Eve didn't know what was being unloyal or disobedient prior to eating the fruit that would make them aware what that meant.

Why didn't Eve run away scared when a serpent started to talk to her when no other animal in the Garden of Eden talked. ????

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Adam and Eve didn't know what death was because they hadn't seen of what was death.

How do you know that Fin?

However, if Adam or Eve did not know at the time the command was given to each of them, what death was, they surely would have asked -or it surely would have been explained; or how could God state "You shall surely die"? If its a fact that each did not understand the command, how could God be justified in judging them?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"talking snakes"

talking birds, why not a talking snake

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How do you know that Fin?

Because while in the Garden of Eden nothing died, the earth and all of animals etc. didn't die, the earth was in a perfect state as God had created it .

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"talking snakes"

talking birds, why not a talking snake

So your saying then all creatures talked to one another in the Garden, ie. birds, frogs, squirrels .

That is why Eve wasn't shocked or Adam for that matter.

Ok that makes sense, I must have missed that in the bible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit