What shall we do?? Or: Is there any avoiding them?

by Max Divergent 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

We escaped JW'dom a few years ago and have recently bought a home about 250km from where we lived about 10 years ago.

Near encounters of the third kind
    Imagine my fright in the local hardware mega-store when I just managed to dodge a sister from our old congo in the poaint section!!!! That night, I put on the TV and the commercial for a firm of builders I'd thought of using came on - the local contact was the sister's husband!!! (or at least has the same name)

While still recovering from this, our dog went missing (who used to bark at elders) so I ended up going to the neighbours to see if he'd gone up there... once there, they went on to tell us about all the other neighbours, one set are apparently very nice and honest, 'actually, they're Jehovah's Witnesses...'

Not only did he say it correctly (not Jehovah Witness or somthing), but he went on to say he'd been reading an interesting article in a magazine about how valuable pets are to our well being (since we were looking for the dog)... I assumed Awake! and just about ran...

We needed a drink after all this, and while driving to the liquor store saw a truck from a business that's run and operated almost exclusivly by JW's parked in the street, and that was our second sighting of it in town!!! Do they live here now???

(Well, actually these things happened in the same week rather than the same day, but for the sake of the story, let's pretend:)

DilemmasI think there are three options: 1) we sell and dodge them, 2) We host an Apostofest and confront them, or 3) We should go back to the meetings so I can become an elder and exploit and abuse the (seemingly) large local flock.

The fourth option of living quietly and minding our own business just won't last...

Oh, what to do????

Smiles, Max

(PS: I drank some of the booty with the aforesaid neighbour and have concluded he's not a JW, but may be a sympathiser. His wife might even be a study...)

• smurfette
    smurfette

Sorry Max but you're just going to have to face the facts - They're EVERYWHERE! Unless you're planning on moving to a remote island you're going to have to get used to them being around.

You can try to co-exist with them peacfully, although I'd be very tempted to host an Apostofest if I were in your situation.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi Max!

It sounds to me like you may want to do some covert "anti-witnessing" to your neighbour before you have yet another Witness family on your block!

CyrusThePersian

• jgnat
    jgnat

Max, that is funny! You gave me an idea for a new thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit