Anti-JW billboard in front of assembly hall would be great

by Atilla 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

My brother and I were talking about how great it would be to put up a billboard on the major highway where our local assembly hall is located. The billboard would be simple and maybe look like this:

For The Truth About The Troof

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com

www.jehovahs-witness.com

www.silentlambs.org

Alas, to rent a billboard is very expensive, about $12000, maybe one day when I graduate from college. Just think of all the people I could help with this simple billboard.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey Atilla,

That would be cool! If you got 1000 people to sign up and chip in, it wouldn't be too bad. Then whenever a new person came out, they could chip in too, and we could build the network of billboards. Soon, we'd have billboards in every major city in America!

Hey, wait: I've got a great idea. How about we do some Greenpeace-style demonstrations. Like, project a giant "billboard" onto the side of the 124 Columbia Heights building at night! I wonder if there are any laws about that....Of course, that never stops Greenpeace....

SNG

• El blanko
    El blanko

What say you put that money to better use and help the needy ?

It sounds a bit childish to be honest. They have a right to worship, so leave them be. Individual JWs are not exactly a threat to you or I.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Renting a large removal van with a poster on the side would be cheaper.

Englishman.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Loyal Jehovah's Witnesses won't look at apostate web sites. Those with doubts probably already have lurked around on those sites. A billboard could educate the public but they won't remember what the web addresses are. The retention of a billboard is small and no one is going to pull over on a highway to write down the web addresses.

The average cost of a billboard ad near me runs from $5000-$10,000 per month depending on location. There are more productive things to do with the money.

My suggestion for an inexpensive campaign would be to direct mail NON-Jehovah's Witnesses warning them why they shouldn't get involved with the JW's who knock on their door. Maybe even give a few questions to ask JW's the next time they come a knockin.

It's easier to prevent a problem than to fix it.

Devon

• Poztate
    Poztate

HEY....Don't forget www.freeminds.org

• badboy
    badboy

Here's the person 2 ask 4 ideas,I have plenty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit