YouTube video that you may find of interest.

by longgone 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• longgone
    longgone

I came across a YouTube video published on August 11th of this year called "Watchtower Threw Out 130 Years of Bad "Spiritual Food" with One Talk" by Leonard East. (Sorry, I still haven't learned how to put up a link.)

As I read the introduction from the publisher, I remembered that very talk and how I felt when I heard it. Betrayed, deceived and incredulous!

All those years struggling to figure out the meaning of all that type/anti-type stuff. Just to find out it was completely wrong. Another waste of time for all who were supposedly "diligently searching the scriptures." 😫

It was only about a year and a half before their whole house of cards collapsed for me. I only wish it had been sooner. I really hope it led many others to do the same. If that wasn't a wake up call, I don't know what is.

Does anyone else remember being in attendance for that talk? What did you think, did you discuss it with anyone else at the time? I know I didn't dare. Governing Body, and Holy Spirit you know, apostasy to think for yourself and even worse to openly say so. Crazy cult!

• Listener
    Listener

That was the type/antitype change introduced at the Annual meeting in 2014. That's nearly three years ago now and they still have not presented a list of which types/antitypes were not biblical.

If you've heard the talks before, skip to the final part of the video (about 12.18) where Leonard East makes some good observations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8arxQYjS3A

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks, longgone & Listener. I just downloaded a copy of the video for my arsenal.

• cha ching
    cha ching

David Splane, speaking about the warm fuzzy memeories we all have about the book study, the hundreds of pages and hours we spent studying the mandated "types and anti-types" (from 7:08 to 7:52)

"It is true that the study of types and anti-types could be thrilling, so here's a question for you, if the study of a certain subject makes chills run up and down your spine, could it possibly be mistaken? and the answer is "yes"!

Does the overlapping generation send chills up and down your spine?

• cha ching
    cha ching

at 9:31, Splane "splains" that when the Society changed the beloved Pyramid teachings, Brother Smith accepted it, he let reason win out over emotion!"

Try to do this without the GB's blessing, and see what happens to you!

• cha ching
    cha ching

9:55 "we simply cannot go beyond what is written".... hmmm, if they are abandoning certain "types/ anti-types" that we all studied, spent so much time of our lives on....

that means, in the past, they DID go beyond what was written!

( But NOW they aren't! Thank God! What a relief!)

Sends chills up and down my spine!

• cha ching
    cha ching

10:36, "we must follow the light wherever it leads us, our love should be for the truth, and not for a particular doctrine or teaching... Well how would you summarize this talk in a few words?"

"Well, the wrong answer is 'we don't believe in types and anti-types any more', we do! we really do!"

"Where the scriptures identify them as such, we embrace them, but where the Bible is silent, we must be silent"

I am getting dizzy from the circles...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit