My "best" friend (active JW) has just died

by Terry 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

The funeral is Saturday morning. I imagine I'll be seeing many of the "friends" I haven't seen in a long long time.

I'll report in the aftermath.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All the best anyways .

Personally I find it very weird going to any talk at a KH now, like really weird.

My last was at my mother's funeral, what I expected came true, where people (JWS) were using the event to sell and promote their religion, such as see we have a hope of a resurrection and will be all meeting together one day in paradise.

I even got the cold shoulder from some JWS who thought I mustn't have been DFed and left, when in reality I was never baptized and never DFed. just quietly walked away some 30 years ago.

• talesin
    talesin

I have a Johnnie. She's a blonde bombshell, and has lived a double life. After all these years, I miss her. We made contact a few years ago; it was surreal and brief. I think our relationship is like a Kubrick movie, so complex, yet REAL. Love you always, K. My very first sister-friend, and always.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I never had a friend like that Terry. You were blessed. I know this is 3 months from your original post, but I just found it. My condolences.

TB-

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I never had a friend like that Terry. You were blessed. I know this is 3 months from your original post, but I just found it. My condolences.

TB-

Thank you. I have now a tenuous connection with two of Johnny's kids on Facebook. It warms me. They really love their Dad and miss him.

He was one of a kind. Not a day passes that I don't evoke him in constant thought. I have flashes of anger that we missed out on what older people most need--a constant companion with whom you can relive the glory of youth.
    But the past has passed. I have to be real and that doesn't come easily if you think more about yesterday than you do today and tomorrow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit