My "best" friend (active JW) has just died

by Terry 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I'm sorry Terry...people think best friends are for primary school, the older I get the more I realize there are few joys like time spent with a best friend . Many condolences.
  • KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    My condolences Terry.
  • Terry
    Terry

With a best friend you have corroboration for your memories of how things really were and of yourself from another POV. When the friend dies, that corroboration vanishes.

Did this person say such and such as I remember, or was it somebody else?

Where, when, who and how becomes intangible, transparent, dissolving in the onward rush of time itself. Who is to say if memory is true in its reckoning? The people who were there with you, that's who.

Two friend sharpen each other.

A true friend tells you how it is and you have to take your lumps. Casual friends will tell you what you want to hear.

All this dies when the friend dies.

I am half the person I was yesterday. Part of me is unverifiable.

Sigh.

Deep sigh. . .

• under the radar
    under the radar
    So sorry for your loss, Terry. Sometimes there's little rhyme or reason to friendship. Just like love.
  • LV101
    LV101

My deepest condolences, Terry.

• flipper
    flipper

So sorry for your loss, Terry

Mrs F.

• talesin
    talesin
    Two friend sharpen each other.
    A true friend tells you how it is and you have to take your lumps. Casual friends will tell you what you want to hear.
    All this dies when the friend dies.

Dear Terry,

It can be especially hard when a close friend dies, and we have been missing them already, for a long time.

My deepest condolences to you. (((Terry)))

tal

• talesin
    talesin
    AFF
    I missed you, friend,
    For many years.
    Now that your're gone,
    Can't stop the tears.
    A friend forever.

~ Jenn

xo

• smiddy
    smiddy

Terry , sorry for your loss of a former friend .

"After johnny was" outed" and he cut me dead , I never heard from him again"

That intrigued me ,of course you don`t have to elaborate on that if you don`t want to, it`s really none of our business ,I`m just curious.

What stood out to me in your post is the fact that a John Santa Cruz was responsible for me converting to the J.W.`s , obviously not the same person though .We are on different sides of the world for starters.

I wonder sometimes about our memories of old friends we haven`t seen for many many years and when we do catch up it`s such a let down.

Just saying.

smiddy

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I am so very sorry you lost your close friend Terry. I totally understand when you lose the person that verifies the past for you, when you can no longer say to anyone, 'do you remember when '.

By the way I didn't think you had to be invited to a funeral. They are usually held in a public place of worship or civil building and often the details are published in a newspaper by the funeral director for anyone who knows that person to attend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit