"Look what you made me do to you"

by Zoos 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Zoos
    Zoos

This line used by abusive spouses and governing bodies who mandate shunning:

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO TO YOU..."

It's got a bit of a history (according to the bible). The plight of humans on this earth was created BY GOD! After all, for lack of any other creature with the power to create, did he not set about defining what would constitute human imperfection, physical and mental disease, and eventual death? And with those imposed conditions would come murder, deceit, abandonment, birth defects, war, and Donald Trump?

"Look what you made me do to you."

This not a concept we can blame on the governing body. They're just following the example of their GAWD!

Smiddy's post got me to thinking about this but I didn't think my comment fit in with his topic. https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6549393140350976/jehovah-god-guilty-sin-omission

• ambersun
    ambersun

Great observation Zoos.

God has proved himself to be a master at throwing his dummy out of the pram when things don't go his way. Every childish tantrum thrown by God throughout the Bible, and all the suffering resulting from these hissy fits has ALWAYS been someone else's fault, never his own, even though he is supposedly the all powerful, super intellectual creator of all things living and inanimate. How did all the imperfections in mankind come into being in the first place if God didn't put them there?

Therefore, it only follows that his loyal subjects will use the same line of reasoning to excuse all their own hissy fits when they don't get their own way.

Yes, all you children who refuse to dedicate your entire lives to a controlling organisation and get kicked out and shunned by your family, left to fend for yourselves, you deserve all you get! Anything that happens to you as a result of "keeping the congregation clean" is entirely your own fault as you made us do it to you

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

The whole dynamic is best embodied in the three stooges: Jehovah is of course Moe, the know-it-all who bosses everyone around and can never be wrong. Satan is Curly, the guy who is always bungling up Moe's plans. Larry is the hapless human race.

So Jehovah sets up a garden and deliberately plants an evil fruit tree that he knows will tempt his creation. Satan then does his job and tempts us with a predictable outcome.

Jehovah: Look what you made me do! *tries to slug Satan but misses and hits Adam*

Adam: Nyuck, nyuck!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

As I have shared before, when you look at the behavior of the Bible "Jehovah" you get a person with behavior typical of the most severe personality disorders that humans have to be treated for. We get Roger from American Dad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit