1994 Awake Cover RE: Children Dying NO BLOOD

by cha ching 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• cha ching
    cha ching

We came across this YouTube Video, from a year ago... I thought this guy did a great job!

I have been trying to find a way to approach this subject with relatives. After you watch this, let me know:

Does it have a good blend of facts and emotional content to reach through the mind control? It seems this guy hits the nail on the head! I think it could take witnesses outside their comfort zone, he does a great job with his critical thinking. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh7FvwNn5IE

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Good points like his use of the awake. a bit long. His use of the Bible was good as well since that's what is needed when talking to jdubs. I would add mark 7:18 where Jesus says nothing taken into the body can defile one.

Also from a medical fact, every drop of human breast milk has about 1 million white blood cells. This proves that the Bible writers we're telling people to pour out the blood of the animal they killed as a sign of respect for the life they took not because God wanted people not to eat blood. In fact the chapter 17 of the book of Leviticus makes this perfectly clear, but hey when does a jw read a whole chapter.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good points, CrazyGuy, I wish I could condense it, it is a bit long... I agree, but good points.

Kind of striking is how there is this huge "our kids died for God" article, and the very next article???? White alligators... That IS weird, huh? "Oh, well, let's talk about Alligators now" WT slowly gets you use to tragic events by moving your mind onto the next subject... A lot like Nazi's. Speed up the movies of torture, make it funny, not so hard to do anymore.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    Outstanding video - thanks for sharing. I like how he makes it personal (telling details about the children), how he explains the logic of the scriptures versus the hardness of the Pharisees and their legalistic unloving approach and comparing the number of cult deaths. Recommend with 5 stars!
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Good summary, DesignerStubble, as you were posting, I was trying to do a summary also, ;-)

At 15 minutes in, he starts talking “Bible” as JW’s claim, “nobody knows the Bible better than JW’s do”… Leviticus & Acts are read, and these are given the explanation, "let's just say God is protecting people’s health from invisible bacteria, etc."

16 minutes: He then asks us to just ‘assume’ just for argument sake, that Jehovah actually made a direct command against blood transfusions in the old law testament, and goes to Matthew 12, when the disciples plucked grain on the Sabbath.

17 minutes: When the Pharisees objected, Jesus brought out that David ate bread from the temple, the priests profane the Sabbath, but are not guilty, IF YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT THIS MEANS, I desire mercy, not sacrifice… and something greater than the temple is here, “you would not have condemned the guiltless”,

The legalistic Pharisees, (sound familiar) were complaining that the disciples weren’t following the Law. Jesus said, ‘look, David broke the Sabbath Law, and he wasn’t’ guilty’ Why? His men were hungry.. So which is more important? Legalism? or the needs of the people?

Mark 3, the man with the withered hand… the Pharisees watched to make sure the law was not broken (cured on the Sabbath). Jesus asks “is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm? to “save a life? or to kill?”

18 minutes: Even tho it was against what the Pharisees pronounced as righteous, Jesus thought it was better to save a life…. The Pharisees met to see how to kill Jesus for not following their legal rules! (Maybe today, it would be death by disfellowshipping?)

19 minutes: Luke 14 Jesus is dining with Pharisees, a man had dropsy… he healed him. “Which of you having a son or an ox fall into a hole, will not immediately pull him out?” They could not reply to these things.

Why do your leaders care less about JW children than oxen? According to the law, you are suppose to save your oxen, but according to JW’s not your children?

More people have died following this JW blood teaching than died at Marshal Applewhite, at Heaven’s Gate… David Koresh of the Davidian’s, Jim Jone’s of People’s Temple combined.’

Now that is a staggering reality…..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit