BLUE PLANET2- A Designer?

by ScottyRex 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

Ha well- kind of.

I have read lots of Cofty's post on evolution and tbh am so interested at his intelligent and thought proving threads. They are all factual, unemotional and point to may scientific sources. They cut through so may per-concieved ideas about life and do have that ring of truth.

But I feel empty and a little uncomfortable. You see I felt emotional.

Last night I watched Blue Planet2 on BBC with David Attenborough. It was fantastic .Watching It I went from awe at the complexity of creatures to humbleness in what they are and what they do. I could not help but think that there must be a designer/creator in this wonder. It seems undeniable and so complex. The hand of a Designer.

Is emotion to be confused with stupidness?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Is emotion to be confused with stupidness?

Many times the above has proven to be true in my life. That is why they say "Think with your mind and not your heart"

• galaxie
    galaxie

Blue planet is a wonderful production. Humans have evolved to the extent that we interpret aspects of nature as you describe, but what you observe as beauty and amazing is no more than evolution producing means for creatures to attract food, repel predators, procreate and generally exist in their environment. The fact you are in awe of this pleases your emotions but the creatures you observe don't give a rats ass about what you feel in fact given half a chance most would happily eat you.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Haven't seen that yet, but I want to. I can understand your feelings. However, reasoning that way is not answering the question; it's just putting it somewhere else. If the things you saw in that production must have a creator, then what about the creator? Wouldn't he have had to have a creator?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is no question of specialty of this planet in regards to the various kinds of life, ie. animals, vegetation, to the ones that previously existed and to the ones who now exist etc.

That being said we should also be aware that there are at least 200 billion galaxies out there in space (and possibly even more), we're very likely talking about a Universe filled with around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe.

Therefore there are pretty good probable odds that there other planets out there with active organisms on it as well.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

BLUE PLANET2- A Designer? - yes absolutely.

The TV program Blue Planet 2 had a designer.

• waton
    waton

It would be awesome if you lived in a society that had developed the technology where programs like "Blue Planet" would create themselves as an outgrowth of our current capabilities.

That all Prior Art patents will have expired, would not mean that work was not involved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit