smiliness & healing + other bumpth

by Celtic 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Celtic
    Celtic

If it wasn't so sad it'd be laughable. Here we are this community of ex jw's around the earth trying to make sense of an organisation which we were brought up in, but unknown to us at the time completely, was changing its light on so many different issues. They the JW's perceive this as really cool - ahhh new light, smug smiles. Ummmmm - The absolute absurdity I see now.

Here we are trying to make head or tail of it all having come from such a rigid belief that everything they were telling us was right, unless you were a rather questioning smart ass like me, who always perhaps like you had her / his doubts.

Why did my mind ask 'why?' so much? Perhaps because early on it knew that what I was being taught was basically a lot of codswallop.

If the borg has taught me one thing, it has given me the ability to see through the bull and it doesn't just exist within that culture.

All I can proffer, is to find that which gives you a sense of direction, wellness and wholeness within. On the outside then, you will reflect this knowing, to others, and infectiously theres a great deal of assistance, and windows of opportunity opening up, for many, upon, a positive and upbeat path.

What do you excel at as a person, what are your interests? What are you more naturally adept at? Find yourselves through those activities that give you and others that little extra happiness and build upon that as a foundation to further life enhancement changes.

Keep your chins up and remain focussed

peace

mark

• Prisca
    Prisca

A great postive thread - very nice to see!

I agree with the thoughts in the last paragraph - the need to find what gives us happiness and meaning in life, and building upon those things to move on.

We naturally grieve in some way when we lose something. This site is a great place to grieve, heal and move on. We are all at different stages, so there is ample opportunity to help each other.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Ai, when I left at first and in the one or two years after there was the feeling of a great void in my life, a vacuum which needed filling.

Thankfully over much painstaking thought pattern redressing, I was able to peice those parts of 'me' back together which I then realized had been lost somewhere along the way.

I'm glad to know myself again and to have a real down to earth relationship with myself and others + events around me. Its taken a while for sure.

Foot to the floor - Life Here We Come!!

peace

Celtic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit