Checking Up On Disfellowshipped Ones

by Boredposter 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Boredposter
    Boredposter

If my memory serves me right in the 80's there was an effort to call on those who were disfellowshipped. Elders would seek them out (or we're supposed to) to see if there was anything they could do to help them come back. It seemed like a good idea at the time to me. Sounded loving even. I wonder, is this still done? Personally, I da'd myself thirteen years ago but only got one tract (about returning) left among some pictures from my parents. My dad is an elder so maybe that counts although he wasn't local to where I was living? Being that I da'd maybe that's considered different? Still, considering I have a circuit overseer uncle, a branch overseer uncle, and many elder relatives you would think they would want to reach out to have a discussion with me? Not that it matters but it really is interesting how unloving they really turned out to be.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

No, this program has been shelved.

• Jayk
    Jayk

I would imagine you would have to be disfellowshiped for quite awhile and stopped going to meetings..

• Boredposter
    Boredposter

Oh, it was shelved. When and why was that? Was there an official comment on it?

• berrygerry
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Maybe a number of faithful publishers were troubled by the blatant "one law for some and another law for others" and were asking the org a very troublesome question:

"The organization forbids publishers from trying to encourage their disfellowshipped loved one to return to the org, but encourages elders to do so. Where is the scriptural guidance/principle for this contradiction?"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I dont think it ever got off the ground did it? I was never called on, but I was never officially informed that I was DA'ed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit