JW Cart Witnessing = ONE BIG JOKE

by Black Man 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

In our area I recently saw them promoting literature printed in Chinese (Mandarin). There was nothing displayed on the cart printed in English.

I checked the most recent census data - in this area a grand total of 0.1% of the population speak Mandarin as their first language.

We get some Chinese tourists but they are generally herded on and off buses together in groups.

So they are effectively excluding 99.9% of the population from their cart message.

I mean - seriously - why wouldn't they display primarily in English (the first language of more than 95% of locals) and supplement with some other languages?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

My dyed-in-the-wool pioneer JW mom had a shift on the cart witnessing and telling me that you've got to be approved by the service committee in order to be qualified to sit there aimlessly for hours, which is just stupefying to me.

Cults typically set up ways to "reward" or give "privileges" to subtly elevate certain ones above others to make their meaningless tasks seem more prestigious. Much like when one kindergartener gets a gold star, the others are envious and try harder.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

You think the average JW knew nothing before......this cart 'witnessing' is pure gold for 99% of them. They don't have to think, know anything or answer or question. They're mannequins.

I honestly feel nothing but embarrassment for them.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"You think the average JW knew nothing before", maybe they are the ones approved

by the service committee to sit aimlessly for hours. I wonder what are the qualification to

sit and do nothing.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@James: I think the main qualification for sitting and doing nothing is that you have to be 'apostate-proof'. Just in case someone like Cofty approaches and starts asking questions.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jah supports commercially fraudulent charlatans who run their own publishing house, so shut up !

• sir82
    sir82

This week's CLAM shows a video of a talented young musician who gives up his dreams in order to pioneer.

It shows him smiling, as a pioneer, near a literature cart. It also shows him knocking on a door...and no one answers!

Yes, it is true.

The WTS hopes to improve its atrocious retention rate for kids by encouraging them to:

-- Give up the primary thing which makes them happy....

-- ...in order to knock on the doors of houses where, time after time, no one is even home, because they are out doing something interesting

-- ...and in order to stand slack-jawed beside a flimsy cart with dog-eared publications that are already "old light", passed by and ignored by other people out doing something interesting

Yeah, that's the best they can come up with.

Idiots.

• Ding
    Ding

No chairs in the photo.

Don't they let them sit down at all?

• Saename
    Saename

I remember when I was still an unbaptized publisher going from door to door. I also remember when I found out about this whole cart witnessing thing and was told that each person has to be approved in order to 'participate'... I couldn't help but wonder, 'What the heck are the qualifications'?

Having that said, in my career as a publisher, I had a few opportunities to 'participate' in cart witnessing. I wasn't approved, but those opportunities were really outcomes of certain circumstances, such as when I was doing door-to-door preaching with somebody who had already planned cart witnessing afterwards but couldn't drive me back home. (I was younger at the time, without the driver's license.)

I think it happened around three times. It was the best type of preaching, precisely because I didn't have to talk to anyone. I was still inexperienced, yet I didn't have any problems with cart witnessing...

Those 'qualifications' are really a joke, I'd have to say.

• dozy
    dozy

I don't see the local cart in our town any longer. It used to be quite a regular fixture once a week or so and occasionally I would stop to chat if I recognised one of the JWs manning the stall. I asked one of the few JWs who I keep in contact with locally and they just mumbled something about the local council objecting ( which seems a bit strange as there are numerous other people and organisations giving out leaflets for all sorts of things. )

The impression I got is that nobody really enjoyed the work so they have taken the line of least resistance and put the trolley into storage ( one assumes that the WTBTS don't operate a buy back service! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit