UK Guardian article on JW child abuse

by scotsman 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• scotsman
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Brilliant article, it brings out the danger to the public eye that the person knocking on their door or handing them literature on the street could be a pedophile. Also there may be a separate investigation into JWs by the committee looking into institutionalised child sexual abuse in the UK!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Great piece of work. I hope it won't end there, I'm sure the Guardian has more material and can keep the pressure on. I any case, thanks Sarah Marsh, keep it up.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Thanks for posting.

• steve2
    steve2

An excellent article. The two-witness rule is archaic - especially its application in cases of allegations of child sexual abuse. JW organization's recent website defence of this "rule", without ever once referring to its controversial use in cases of child-sex abuse allegations, shows that even the organization is feeling the heat of the reactions to this absolutely stupid rule.

May this be the well-deserved shame upon JWs and their rigidly arrogant organization.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

The UK version of the special talk given by Stephen Papps had a quote from the Guardian (not this one obviously) and stated where it was from, so the Guardian has been "approved".

SF

• MissFit
    MissFit

I don't see why they can't get nulight. They have "refined" things before.

The other dangerous idea is "not bringing reproach on Jehovah's organization." I think that idea is what really prevents elders and parents from reporting.

This issue is the reason i am an exjw. I went though this when i was young. I applaud everyone who was involved with making this issue public.

• sneekyapostate
    sneekyapostate

I sent my story to them so I was one of the 100 but I wasn’t mentioned specifically. It’s linked to the UK edition front page beneath all of the Facey scandal lol.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Great article. About time this issue is coming to the fore.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

They will not even openly change their stance on beards so I very much doubt they will change their view on the two witness rule. Proud and stubborn, just like the Pharisees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit