Dick Gephard cried today. In public....

by onintwo 3 Replies latest jw friends

• onintwo
    onintwo

Very few men cry in public. I mean really cry. Dick did. The coach of the Portland Trail Blazers did. How many guys cry publicly? I did when my kids were born, but that's not publicly. I have cried at funerals, but that doesn't count either.

How many men cry in public? Are you capable of that?

Onintwo

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

A guy cried on TV this evening after being rejected for American Idol (he was crap). Tears were streaming down my face but I was laughing at an earlier performance. I guess that don't count 'cause only my son was with me.

• little witch
    little witch

Dick Gephardt has dedicated his life to public office, and was rejected as a viable candidate.

I cried with him although I will probobly vote Republican again.

I felt really bad for him. He was a trooper and probobly the median candidate in my opinion. He has however used the media in the u.s. as a stage and made a spectacle of himself in the past. Remember the halloween gig in full costume when Clinton was in office? Complete with tombstones (in response to some republican bill being considered)?

I also do not think that clod hopping Iowans should have such power over our politics...I can say that as a fellow clod-hopper!

• TonyT
    TonyT
    Very few men cry in public. I mean really cry. Dick did. The coach of the Portland Trail Blazers did

It's not realistic to expect someone to coach that group of "role models" without crying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit