The bible is not written for me...

by Globetrotter 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Globetrotter
    Globetrotter

In another thread (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/65166/1.ashx), Wednesday mentioned that one of the confusing points for her was that the dubs claim that the bible was written only for the 144,000, and not for everyone.

What is their reasoning on this? Can someone (Blondie?) give me some exact WT references that say this? The more recent the better.

Thanks!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't currently have the wt cd on my computer, but anyway, the bible is a jewish book written for jews. My opinion.

SS

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I think maybe it was meant that it was written only for them to interpret. Since they teach that only "the faithful and discreet slave" can "provide spiritual food at the proper time" this is to imply that only the 144,000 can interpret the bible, not that it was written only for them.

• Globetrotter
    Globetrotter

Mysterious - Thanks. I believe that is what they think. I'm looking for references where they specificy that.

• blondie
    blondie

w74 6/15 p. 376 Serve with Eternity in View

Also, it is to the spirit-anointed Christians who will rule in that kingdom that most of the Christian Greek Scriptures is directed, including the promises of everlasting life.

• gumby
    gumby

HERE IS ONE QUOTE....BUT NOT THE ONE I WAS LOOKING FOR.

*** Watchtower 1981 February 15 pp.17-19 Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible? ***

Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible?

Rather, the record that the "faithful and discreet slave" organization has made for the past more than 100 years forces us to the conclusion that Peter expressed when Jesus asked if his apostles also wanted to leave him, namely, "Whom shall we go away to?" (John 6:66-69) No question about it. We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the Scriptural guidance we need outside the "faithful and discreet slave" organization.

Gumby

• onacruse
    onacruse

blondie, thank you!!!! I've been looking for that quote for several days (not non-stop, of course LOL).

I remembered that they'd said that!...just couldn't seem to find the right phrase for the search.

Craig

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

They can't figure it out, but they're way sure that they can figure it out better than you - indeed one of the prominent reasons for the existence of their religion is that they believe they can figure it out (by effort) better than everyone else (eg. the catholics & all others since), and so they must actually be 'gooder' as well - hey, they wash and dress neat don't they ? don't they??

They answered him, "You were born in utter sin, and would you teach us?" And they cast him out.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

But they can sure make it "written for you" when it suits their purpose

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit