enquiring minds want to know

by galaxy7 3 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

1: Does the faith discreet slave go out in the service 2: What happens to all that money My mother said as the faithful discreet slave live at Bethel and get everything they need they dont need money. There must be a catch somewhere.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Does the faithful and discreet slave go out in service? It depends on how you define "faithful and discreet slave"...

If you mean what the JW's say, that all anointed ones in their congregations are the faithful slave as a class, then YES. I knew a JW who claimed to be of the anointed, and he had been around since the 1930's. He was out in service in all kinds of weather! (And he was a nice man, too.)

If you mean the Governing Body who rules from Brooklyn, still the answer is YES. I saw one of the GB out in street work one day when walking in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood with a Bethelite. We approached him to say hi. He asked if we were JW's, and he found out we were, he shooed us away. He apparently wanted to keep his "service time" going.

What happens to all the money? They invest it in companies like RandCam, which is involved in making parts for military planes. (See http://www.freeminds.org/h2o/283202.html ). Some of it goes into new printing facilities and such, although they usually raise funds for those through the contribution boxes marked "Worldwide Work".

• Maverick
    Maverick

The Faithful Slave...The Faithful Slave...I thought we were going to talk about horses....oh wait ...that's enquiring, not equine...never mind! Maverick...rather talk about hourse than a bunch of deluded old farts!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Galaxy7

The WTBTS has partitoned the organization into so many seperate entities, coprorations, and shell companies, it is hard to pin down their "net worth" but I know, they are now using funds to sponsor Television advertising. I saw an add on a West coast station over the holidays, and almost fell out of my chair. It was sponsored by "the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit