Mind machines, bio/neurofeedback etc.

by Introspection 3 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Introspection
    Introspection

This is probably a long shot, but has anyone used such devices? It used to be a hobby of mine, and I still own a number of different gadgets as well as various psycho-acoustic recordings. In fact, there's a good chance you have one of these tapes/CDs if you've ever bought a meditation or even relaxation recording. One technique is rather simple, it is called binaural beats and it simply employs two tones of slightly different frequencies by using headphones and the difference entrains your brainwave activity and thus induces relaxation. (for example, 100 Hz in one ear and 105 Hz in the other entrains you to 5 Hz) I think it's very useful and though I feel like I don't have enough time to use them these days, (average session is 30 minutes, but could be shorter) I bet if I used it regularly I would see some benefits even today. It's really just a good way to relax, and there's no need for concerns like being programmed with subliminal messages. (there isn't much evidence that those work in the way of whispered statements anyway) Sound interesting to anyone?

• Celtic
    Celtic

You ever heard of the Radioclast? The society years ago were playing with frequencies with a machine which allegedly pinpointed disease dissonance via vibrations within the body until the scientific community threw it out with disgust.

I'll find the website for you with detailed explanations.

Better still, go to seach engine google.com, type in ex jw boards and I think the entry is about the 6th or 7th down, if you have any probs locating, get back to me and I'll see if I can find.

We'll have to talk music sometime with frequential analysis.

Have fun!!

peace

mark

• Celtic
    Celtic

Here it is:

Quack Cures and Radionic Ouija Boards

www.premier1.net/~raines/cures.html

Your'e going to have a right laugh reading up on this one!!

peace

mark

• Introspection
    Introspection

Mark, I've heard of this before but didn't have much interest in researching it. I'm actually a little confused as to why you brought it up, but I guess it is somewhat related. Things like binaural beat audio and light and sound machines induces measurable changes in brainwave pattern, just hook the person up to an EEG. (not to mention most people will fall fast asleep) Ideally you'd want to be able to relax on command, but even if you don't do this kind of training I've found that by using these entrainment tools it will be easier to enter and maintain a state of general relaxation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit