Re: Experienced Attorneys and Paralegals Needed at Bethel

by pixel 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

I thought we needed carpenters and plumbers in paradise...oh well... the hypocrisy

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN THE UNITED STATES BRANCH TERRITORYRe: Experienced Attorneys and Paralegals Needed at Bethel

Dear Brothers:

Experienced, mature, spiritually-qualified licensed attorneys and paralegals are neededto assist with the work at Bethel. (Phil. 1:7) There is a particular need for those who have experience in litigation, corporate matters, or real estate transactions. We are hoping to locate several experienced attorneys and paralegals who have exceptional analytical, research, and writing abilities.
    If there are any publishers in your congregation who may meet these needs, please encouragethem to submit an Application for Temporary Volunteer Program (A-19) along withtheir résumé to the United States branch office through the Congregation Service Committee assoon as possible. The letter to temporary volunteer applicants (A-20) and the letter to those applyingfor theocratic schools, Bethel service, or other forms of special full-time service (A-63)should also be provided. This will allow the branch office to review their application and possibly invite them to work temporarily for one week, three months, or more in the Legal Department.

Thereafter, it may be that an invitation to serve at Bethel would be extended to them.We trust that you will use discretion in approaching publishers regarding volunteering toassist the organization in the above way. Please note that we are not encouraging individuals to pursue higher education or university degrees to obtain skills related to legal matters. (w13 10/15pp. 15-16 pars. 13-14)

Thank you for your assistance.Your brothers,c: Circuit overseers
    PS to secretary:It is preferred that the Application for Temporary Volunteer Program (A-19) be submittedusing the jw.org Inbox feature. Please include the words “Attention Legal Department” in the subjectline of the message.  

• Splash
    Splash

Hilarious.

Not to be read to the congregation, just surreptitiously approach individuals instead.

"We want the most highly educated and qualified persons we can get, but please don't think we advocate getting educated or qualified."

When will it end.

• cappytan
    cappytan

This is just getting plain ridiculous. 

I worked in the legal field for years as a secretary. I was a transcriptionist, and eventually landed the title of Legal Secretary. A Legal Secretary was basically a Paralegal without a degree. In the office I worked for, you did almost everything a Paralegal did with a little more filing and transcription thrown in and a little less time spent on research.

However, in order to be a Lawyer or a Paralegal, you HAVE to have a college education! 

• pixel
    pixel

Please note that we are not encouraging individuals to pursue higher education or university degrees to obtain skills related to legal matters. (w13 10/15pp. 15-16 pars. 13-14).

But we sure are going to use the ones that got their degree!

Along Splash lines!

• sir82
    sir82

There is a particular need for those who have experience in litigation, corporate matters, or real estate transactions.

Well, now we see the priorities of the organization, laid out in order of importance:

1) Defend child abuse charges

2) Handle "corporate matters"

3) Buy & sell real estate

"Legally establish & defend the right to preach the good news"? Ehh, that don't matter so much.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Sir82= that's what I thought to, when I read the letter. 
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Do you have to go into further or higher education to be one of these?  You do?  Wait...I'm confused cos tightpant Tony said....
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    The WTBTS, making the Pharisees look like amateurs !
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I think this confirms what a lot of us have speculated, the legal department is stretched way too thin and is having trouble keeping up. Be it from real estate, sex crimes and lawsuits. They're asking for money and now lawyers? Are they really in this much hot water? 

Can they get any more obvious at this point? The writing is on the wall at this point (Pun intended). They state it's for Real Estate but they will either put them on sex crimes or more the more experienced to the sex crimes and have the new guys do the real estate. 

I also like how they put "publisher" in there. I bet Joe publisher with a nice resume will be accepted no problem even if he's looked at you know what within the last year. 

That's ironic, tell people not to go to college and then send a letter requesting lawyers. Maybe that's why you're having trouble finding lawyers!?!

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

The WTBTS, making the Pharisees look like amateurs ! 

They're making the Pharisees look like the good guys! I'm getting very nervous still being on the inside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit